What are you listening to right now?

Huh ! Neither of our copies had that, just a regular case [Both were CDs, as I usually use]

I listened to it today whilst coloring this picture

3 Likes

Awesome artwork!

CDs are coming back!! I have a pretty decent CD collection. Would love to find that Austin Powers one though.

I was listening to some Van Morrison, Concrete Genie OST, and random classic rock on the radio today.

Some of my favorite artists I’ve been enjoying lately are Frank Zappa, Vulfpeck, Flying Aces, Naughty by Nature, Thundercat, Mono Neon, JD Beck, and Bone Thugs.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Right now been really re-getting into Stevie Nicks’ 2001 album Trouble in Shangri La. There’s a few clunkers on it, but otherwise it’s some of the best stuff she’s ever written.

7 Likes

Currently on Repeat…

2 Likes

Popped onto YouTube and found this as a recommendation. I’m really digging it although not sure how the algorithm decided I was ready for it.

3 Likes

Reminds me a bit of Sheryl Crow at that time, if that is fair. Really like the backing vocals.

Some Fleetwood Mac that I dig quite a bit, while she doesn’t have a primary role in is Only Over You. Just so dreamlike.

3 Likes

I didn’t care for that FM album that much, lol. I think I read that they basically recorded it separately because at that point they hated each other so much.

It’s funny you say that about Sheryl Crow, she basically helped produce it and sings and played on half the album.

3 Likes

It’s one of the few songs from Mirage that I care for, but one that just sticks out so much to me.

Funny how that goes with Stevie and Sheryl. I knew it sounded similar. I’ll have to go through the rest of the album and see how I like it.

If you want to hear some interesting music, you should check out Ani DiFranco, especially her first album. What a gem.

(One of my favorites)

3 Likes

That link should be a playlist for the whole album.

3 Likes

This album is one of the most visceral collections of music I have ever had the privilege to listen to.

3 Likes

Oh sorry, I meant the Stevie Nicks album, if you wanted the whole album.

3 Likes

My bad for the misinterpretation. Either way, two albums here for ones listening pleasure now. Lol

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’m digging the new grouptherapy. album- I Was Mature For My Age, But I Was Still a Child.

5 Likes

That low, almost humming beat is very and I can’t help but sway a bit when listening to this. The change in who is rapping and how is also nice to the ears also.

3 Likes

I tend to listen to albums so I’m gonna link those if that’s cool with everyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just recently discovered the band Death and have been listening to their last album The Sound of Perserverance almost every other day it seems. The vocals were a bit off-putting at first but after listening many times they’ve grown on me a lot. Not sure how I missed this group for so long!

I’ve also rediscovered the Alice In Chains album Jar of Flies, which is always a treat. I love the quieter grunge-y sound it has throughout.

5 Likes

Been trying to catch up to some new releases.
I really like the new Anohni and the Johnsons album.
New Jaye Jayle album is also good.

I tried to get into the new JPEGMAFIA and Danny Brown collab, because I love Danny Brown, but I just don’t like JPEGMAFIA’s production. His beats are wholly uninteresting to me. I can’t pinpoint exactly what it is, but none of it is hitting and it all sounds super forgettable.

Lastly I’m super excited for the new upcoming Gridlink album. The single is nothing too surprising, just sounds like standard Gridlink. I’m just happy they are back.

3 Likes

My new favorite thing in the world is the game “Um Jammer Lammy”, so I got the CD that goes with it: Make it Sweet! by Milk Can [the fictional band that the game focuses on]

It was a Japan-only CD, so I imported it. They’re not region-locked, though

2 Likes

If you’re talking about the album from a couple months back and not the B sides EP from the past week, I actually really like it a lot. Though I’m more of a JPEGMAFIA fan than a Danny Brown fan so that might be why. I feel like the album leans much more heavily into JPEG’s style than Danny’s. That said, the release from last week just did nothing for me at all. Maybe I’ll give it another chance but it was just kind of a “meh”.

3 Likes