What are you listening to right now?

The album, I haven’t heard the DLC Pack EP yet.
Yeah it definitely feels more like a JPEGMAFIA project. And it’s frustrating because I feel like I should like his stuff, but it’s just one of those things where it doesn’t click for me.
I’ll have the check out the EP eventually, maybe I’ll have the opposite reaction to it lol.

3 Likes

RIP Tony Bennett.

Also f*ck Alzheimer. A family member of mine is going through that and it is scary and sad to lose someone this way.

6 Likes

Kylesa and Gojira as I ride home from work.

4 Likes

The new Leon Chang album is his version of a Mario Kart score, and it really bops. You could put this on in the car for a friend who hates video games, and they would rhythmically nod their head to these joyous chiptune groovers.

4 Likes

Napalm Sticks To Kids

3 Likes

I had to look that one up. Napalm Sticks to Kids - Wikipedia and listen to it. Makes your skin crawl.

3 Likes

Spotify

So weird how a song about feeling miserable makes me feel better when I nod and sing along. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yup. You can tell the guy’s been scarred for life. I found it in some dark meme or something and damn. You can even hear the singer’s voice crack a couple times.

2 Likes

Been enjoying the new singles that The Antlers have been putting out. Very sweet and serene indie folk.
Hopefully it’s all leading up to a new album release by them.
Rains
Tide

Also been listening to the latest single from Blut aus Nord. Their upcoming album seems to continue the sound and Lovecraft inspired themes from their last one which I loved.
And unlike Lovecraft’s writings this is actually good! Yeah I said it! Sorry but that dude’s stories are boring.
Queen Of The Dead Dimension

3 Likes

Geto Boys (Gangsta Boogie) and Louis Logic (Diablos). They may be the most depraved example of 90s gangsta rap out there but those songs are guilty pleasures of mine.

4 Likes

It’s been two days of listening the OST of Tony Hawk 1 and 2. My god what a couple of games those were. Am I old and nostalgic? Of course. Will I go to a cover band gig that plays only the THPS 1 and 2 games here in my city next month? Fuck yes I will.

2 Likes

I can’t stop listening and head banging to this music at the moment.

The Hu (stylized as The HU) is a Mongolian folk metal band formed in 2016. Incorporating traditional Mongolian instrumentation, including the morin khuur, the tovshuur, and throat singing, the band calls their style of music “hunnu rock”, a term inspired by the Xiongnu, an ancient tribal confederation of uncertain origins, known as Hünnü in Mongolia. Some of the band’s lyrics include old Mongolian war cries and poetry.

Does anyone else listen to music whose language they don’t understand? Does anyone else listen to music from countries that aren’t very well known on the charts? I would really like to broaden my horizons a bit, most of what I listen to is either in English or German, with the odd bit of French.

5 Likes

There is a certain other ‘who’ many might confuse it with in conversation…

2 Likes

:smiley: You mean like this: Abbott & Costello Who's On First - YouTube

1 Like

Because someone gave me this earworm today, I am giving it to everyone who reads this too. Suffer with me:

Melody

5 Likes

I meant the hu sounds a lot like ‘the who’ like the band

1 Like

Yes, I got that, I just wanted to also make a joke about confusions with “who”. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

After making some playlists on Spotify, been listening to these songs again and again ever since:

1. Tell Me What Makes a Man - Westlife
  2. If I were a Boy - Beyonce
  3. Ready or Not - A1
  4. Walking in the Rain - A1
  5. Grenade - Bruno Mars
  6. Back at One - Brian Mcknight
  7. Parting Time - Rockstar
1 Like
2 Likes

Noname’s new album, Sundial, is excellent. Full of introspective, jazzy bops, Sundial recaptures and reinvents the emotions of Noname’s beautiful first mixtape, Telefone. Check them both out if you like hip-hop.

2 Likes