What are you listening to right now?

When I’m not gaming, I’m probably listening to music. What are you all listening to?

Right now I’m listening to Dumb by George Clanton.

3 Likes

A lot of stuff. The new music on rotation is the SkyRoads Soundtrack.

3 Likes

@s_tac never heard of . But I liked it - fells like 2006! In a good way

I’m listening a lot Silver Jews/Purple Mountains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_06DBaPCNiw

3 Likes

I know that I’ll sound like an internet old person, but does anyone here (still) uses Last FM? It was all the rage around…, what, 2008? I still scrobble most of the music I listen to and go to my profile periodically just to see what I’ve listen and the ebb and flow of my musical tastes.

5 Likes

I actually use it! I have my Spotify account connected to my last.fm account, it scrobbles everything automatically.

Listening to Mars For The Rich by King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard right now:

2 Likes

I still use LastFM to this day. It’s always interesting to track what I’ve been listening to in the recent period, as well as how much for each format of music release.

For the topic’s sake, I deem myself as a progressive rock/metal fan, with a bit of every genre coming to my taste. Occasionally whimsical and largely emotive music usually apply, too, like this song fitting the latter (works for practicing my singing):

3 Likes

You feel old? I haven’t a clue what scrobble means. It sounds like core Internet 2.0 nonsense, like Google :wink:

6 Likes

Right, I’m becoming internet-old. Not knowing what scrobble means makes you, either old-old or just young. :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW: Now listening to Danheim while I desperately try to finish writing.

4 Likes

I really love me some math rock, and I just found a new band that’s pretty decent. I Built the Sky.

I’ve also been listening to this song a lot:

I also am part of the old crowd and have no idea what scrobble is.

5 Likes

Fleet Foxes released a new album recently. Here’s a song from it I’m listening to:

2 Likes

How did I miss that? I’m surprised it didn’t show up on my Release Radar. This is one of the problems with quarantine, I don’t have occasion to listen to music.

2 Likes

Part of it I think it is because Last.fm started in the UK. It was just getting started when I was living there. I knew people who used it but I didn’t. And then it wasn’t a thing among anyone I knew when I moved back to Canada.

3 Likes

It dropped just yesterday, actually. Pretty random to drop an album on a Tuesday morning, not surprising you missed it. I myself only found out it dropped earlier today.

2 Likes

Ah I see. I haven’t listened this week. I’ll bet it’s in my radar this Friday.

2 Likes

Listening to another track from the new Fleet Foxes record.

2 Likes

New track from Saba. I like pretty much everything when it comes to this song; the beat, the hook, the flows. It’s all very smooth.

1 Like

Holy crap those two songs are amazing! I love math rock too. Some of my favorites are:

There’s definitely some out of control drumming going on with Giraffes?Giraffes! but I love it. I’m a sucker for crazy drums.

Some non-math rock songs I’ve been digging lately:

edit: I also do not know what a scrobble is.

3 Likes

Giraffes? Giraffes! sounds pretty cool. I’ll have to go check more of their stuff out. I also love crazy drummers in math rock bands. I think two of my favorite bands with insane drummers are Polyphia and Animals as Leaders. All of the musicians in those bands are so good.

I kind of put Thundercat in my math rock group since he’s such an amazing bass player. My brother showed me this video not too long ago of Thundercat playing with Mac Miller, and it’s pretty incredible. Thundercat is just nuts.

4 Likes

Rip Mac! It was a sad day when I heard the news of his passing. I’ve been listening to him for like a decade now. (Also I agree Thundercat is amazing. I love his latest record.)

2 Likes

I’m listening Urban Reign soundtrack. It’s a very underestimated game.

2 Likes