What are you listening to right now?

That’s fricking wild. I’ll have to check it out.

Curious, what are BB’s questionable politics?

1 Like

Pretty sure he had some anti-mask/vax stuff during the height of Covid. I looked at a Reddit post now as a refresher, and it seems that he deleted those posts.

3 Likes

I finally got around to listening to Boygenius’ The Record. I quite like it! Lots of indie rock/folk charm with blunt honesty strewn throughout their lyrics. I’m sure several of these songs will make it into playlists I keep listening to after this year is over.

8/10

3 Likes
2 Likes

The KILLDOZER Rampage of 2004… - YouTube

CAN’T. STOP. THE. PAINKILLER.

1 Like

Today I learned that I never heard the original before.

This one might be my favorite version though:

The subtitles on this video are great :joy:

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Isn’t the original F-Zero OST just banger after banger?

7 Likes
2 Likes

Obsessed with this new MGMT song and its video

3 Likes

It’s great! Pretty hyped for the album, Mother Nature was fantastic as well.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Ironically, I’ve had less time where I end up listening to music since I lost my job, so I’ve mostly been revisiting favorites rather than checking out much new stuff. Always loved this track as an album opener.

3 Likes

I might be coming to this a bit late, but I just finished listening to the whole album, Preacher’s Daughter by Ethel Cain, and while the first half comes off as a bit more pallatable to me, with more songs I would listen to, just hanging around, the whole concept is very well done. I would definitely recommend it.

American Teenager - One of her more popular songs therein.

A House in Nebraska - My personal favorite from the album/ concept.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Spotify

Spotify

4 Likes

This is originally from a Chipotle ad haha. I would post the original ad but I can’t find it on Chipotle’s YouTube page anymore! There’s a few more Chipotle ones like this I remember digging (Fiona Apple covering Pure Imagination and Willie Nelson covering some Coldplay song) and they feel a bit like lost media.

3 Likes

The other one I love is Gorillaz x Andre 3000 x James Murphy for Do Ya Thing which they did through through show company Converse. Original vid also seems to be down!

Now I’m nervous I won’t be able to find Of Montreal singing the “Let’s Go Outback Tonight”.

4 Likes