Super Sonic Way Past Cool Fan Club

At this point, it’s best to prolly stem all expectations. It would be a nice treat to have that and more though.

1 Like

My partner was running an errand, saw a store with Japanese pop culture stuff in the window, went in and saw these bootleg Sonic figures, said she couldn’t resist bringing them home to give me a chuckle. :rofl:

I love Tails’ wonky face and that Jet and Silver switched shoes for some reason.

4 Likes

I found some pretty awesome bootlegs at a market in Melbourne once. Will have to see if I can find the photos

2 Likes

Details on a new mobile game have leaked. Looks kinda interesting. Hope it’s not a micro-transaction hellscape.

That said, I’m still missing SEGA Heroes like crazy. Man I wish there was a way to play that now. :disappointed:

1 Like

It looks worryingly like a gacha game. I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

If it’s just to the extent that Fall Guys is, that wouldn’t be so bad.

But even then, I’d still only play if it comes to consoles, same as Sonic’s Dream Team.

(Aside: Not so sure Sonic Toys Party can get away with a logo that similar looking to Toy Story, lol.)

1 Like

Isn’t it? Fall Guys is built on the same false scarcity model that Fortnite utilizes to drive purchases up based on limiting availability. Kids who don’t want to get bullied in-game have to grind and/or spend money to get the cool skins or else they get left behind. Games like Fortnite and Fall Guys are built on preying on people who are already vulnerable due to social pressures.

1 Like

I agree — all I really meant is at the very least, Fall Guys isn’t the sort of “free to play” where the gacha elements affect the actual gameplay (you can win matches with the default fall guy, and play as much as you want). Comparatively, loads of mobile titles out there are worse since they’re specifically designed to entice you to repeatedly pay up just to progress through the game at a reasonable speed. “Pay 100 crystals to level up now, or tediously grind for ten hours.” Or “pay 100 gems to roll for a chance to maybe get an actually useful character for your team so you can finally beat the boss and continue the story,” etc etc.

2 Likes

Sure, it’s not pay to win. I still think it’s almost worse because it’s insidious.
Games like Fortnite run with the logic that since it’s not pay to win it’s mostly harmless, which has been shown to be anything but the opposite.

2 Likes

Currently visiting my parents in Australia and the other night we were watching telly when an ad warning parents about “gambling in your kid’s games” came up. It was very short, didn’t really explain anything, but it’s the first time I’d seen such an ad.

Haven’t seen anything like it in the UK. While I feel the ad was a little misleading - it made it look like there was an actual pokie machine in the game - it’s good these things are being put out there.

2 Likes

Filming for Sonic 3 has wrapped apparently.

And Knuckles starts on Paramount Plus.

I wish someone would buy out Paramount Plus. I don’t want to subscribe to another streaming service :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You could always sail the high seas :wink:

3 Likes

That’s very much what I’ll be doing.

2 Likes

As a sega fan I am more happy with Paramount Plus now than ever. There was that fanfiction called the Halo Tv show but all this sega stuff makes up for it.

Can’t wait to hear Shadow say “I’m gonna need a gun.” :sunglasses:

1 Like

New mobile game

1 Like

Well I’m down for a new Fall Guys, but not on mobile. Hopefully it gets a console port eventually, I guess (along with Dream Team). And that Puyo Pop game… And that ChuChu Rocket game…

2 Likes

Never played Fall Guys so I don’t really know what ot expect…rather than I’ll probably get bored after 10 minutes like I do with all mobile games :man_shrugging:

1 Like

SEGA have created a new internal team to ensure quality of future Sonic projects.

Full article here.

The annual releases is somewhat worrying as when they did this previously the games weren’t the best. Hopefully this means only “some kind” of release each yeah, so mainline games will still get the care they deserve while the intervening years will see stuff like Sonic x Shadow Generations, the new mobile game and other smaller titles/ remasters. Maybe we’ll finally get some kind of Chao Garden title.

2 Likes

For those reading them, volume 16 of the IDW trade paperback series is arguably one of the weaker entities, but really only because it doesn’t push the main plot/ worst status quo along. Instead, it’s a series of smaller adventures featuring the support cast. It’s still quite fun, but not necessary reading.

1 Like