Projects

Cut some pretty walnut for the interior of the dog box bed thing.

3 Likes

As long as you donā€™t put pictures of yourself pulling stupid faces in the thumbnail Iā€™ll be more than happy to watch!

4 Likes

Aw, but thats tradition. Gotta do at least one! Lol

3 Likes

Huzzah, side panels complete. Well, still have to stain but getting there.

4 Likes

Doing some test fitting. Got to trim the back down just a hair, and adjust my tile layout some.

6 Likes

Wow really nice! Im always jealous of people who can work with wood. Im not a good carpenter. Or even a carpenter at all.

I can do some electrical and plumbing but Iā€™m more like measure four times cut once and its messed up.

2 Likes

Damn, Iā€™ll have to think of something else then

3 Likes

Looking forward to the final project.

Its coming togather. Adding tile today.

5 Likes

Well I was rushing and did something stupid.

I was testing out components in my Dreamcast (one of three) and started a small electrical fire. Burned a working PSU and fried some other chips. Not good.

No safety issues as a result but I now have some ruined stuff and feel stupid about it.

4 Likes

Really professionally done!

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry. I empathize, and Iā€™m sure everyone here knows the experience of rushing through something, regardless of the reasons, all too well :disappointed:

3 Likes

Good learning experience lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was tired and excited and didnā€™t think things through. Itā€™s all good the controller PCB is fine, controller is fine, fan, etc.

3 Likes

Oh yeah for sure! Now I know thereā€™s probaby resistors inline that I didnā€™t hook up causing an amp surge.

The flame looked pretty cool though lol.

2 Likes

Fire always looks cool haha. Im glad its not involved in my work often thoughā€¦it would be gone in seconds haha

3 Likes

Boom shackalacka.

A little annoyed i got grout on the back corner, couldnt get it off fully. And my girl is going to make a full sized cushion for it.
I clear coated the walnut interior, and did an all natural restorative on the exterior to bring it back some.
Cabinet -15 dollars
Walnut panels -free from work
Tile - $3.50 at local thrift store.
25 on extra materials.
Total cost 45 bucks.

11 Likes

Looks awesome!

Does anyone have any experience with converting a garage, specifically a dethatched one, into a storage space? My collection has grown to the point where itā€™s too big for our small house, so Iā€™m thinking of getting some decent shelving and putting it into the garage. Iā€™d love a proper geek room, but itā€™s waaay beyond me to convert it (and, as itā€™s one of a block of four garages I donā€™t think we can). Everything is in plastic tubs so they should be okay. The biggest concern is the comics, which are bagged, boarded and boxed, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™ll be enough. It gets very cold in there at times, although damp isnā€™t much of a problem.

Back in Australia Iā€™ve had my collection live for years in my parents shed and itā€™s been totally fine with the heat, but this cold thing is a new one on me. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

With cold comes the potential for condensation with temperature shifts, so Iā€™d watch out for that one given the nature of your collection.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s the main concern. Not really sure how to get around it, if thatā€™s at all possible. May have to find another solution.

2 Likes