Projects

Yeah, I’ll always have some physical games for nostalgia sake but all of my gaming is digital (emulation and Steam).

Once I budget some money I’d like to pick up Dreamcasts, do nearly all the mods and sell them. I enjoyed modding mine, gave me a project to work on, and the gaming experience is much better than trying to get discs to work.

1 Like

I’m the same re: physical games. Games from SEGA’s consoles that mean a lot to me I’ve kept physical copies of (and a few others, like the Myst games). I think it’s really important and cool to do so.

1 Like

It would be great to see some pictures of those modded dreamcasts. Some of my favorite console mods to see on youtube on those LED mods!

This is incredible! Looks like an awesome project.

Okay other grouveers, whilst Ureshi isn’t looking we must sabotage all future projects as to lower the bar for present-giving standards, I can’t compete with this!

1 Like

I can’t explain why but seeing painted wood triggers something deep inside of me. I think it’s because I’ve spent so much time around wood and seen how beautiful it can look depending on the finish that’s applied, anything that involves covering up the wood is a no-go for me. I think the only exception for me would be if it’s MDF or low quality plywood where you can’t really see the grain or there isn’t a nice texture / colour in the first place to obscure. Definitely a personal thing though and I can see some cases where painted wood would fit a room or other decor items!

2 Likes

:joy: I am glad everyone around me agreed to not gift anything anymore (except to the children), it made my life more relaxing, but I will also never get such amazing gifts.

1 Like

It would be cool to see if some grovee members showed off some of there LED console projects!

I’ll be sure to upload some soon! Here are some older ones but I need to take new pics.

FAYIFGCIUSLGL85.SMALL

4 Likes

Im interested in seeing more of that “wood grain” NES, looks pretty cool

1 Like

Those consoles look very nice!

Another milestone reached. 50,000 words and counting! I’ll most likely go over the 60,000 word count the publisher asked for, but they’ve already OKed that. And to think when I started I was worried I wouldn’t make it to 60K. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

When you first saw Sonic, were you blinded by its majesty?

The first Sonic game I saw was Sonic 2, and yes I was. When you shoot through the section near the end of Chemical Plant and the screen literally can’t keep up with Sonic totally blew my mind.

1 Like

I cannot wait for my signed special
Edition copy. Lol

2 Likes

After seeing posts by folks here and talking to people anecdotally I really think there should be a “beginners guide to comics” website. I’d do it myself, but either I’ve become dumber or web building has become a lot more complicated but I don’t think I’d have the skills for such a project. Nor the money, really.

I guess a free blog site like Blogger could be used, but you’d still need a custom URL. But I also wonder if there really is enough need out there or if I’m just in an echo chamber because I’m talking to others interested in comics.

Shame I don’t have the time/ability now to just throw something out there and see what happens like I did in 2006.

1 Like

That would be awsome. I remember reading so much background on comic book characters when I was younger and loving it. Though I think it would be great to start out with a forum thread dealing with comics on grouvee. It would be great to speak about the Marvel Ultimate comics and my favorite star wars comic series growing up. Which was Star wars legacy.

2 Likes

I was thinking it’d be more a kind of guide on how to get into comics, like what stories to read for each character/publisher/ etc.

If there is enough interest among Grouvee users I’d be happy to start such a thread.

2 Likes

Today I finished the first draft of my Sega book. It came in at 64,872 words so some stuff will have to be cut. Still, feels pretty good to have reached this stage.

8 Likes

Congrats! That’s an epic moment.

2 Likes

A pair of joy-cons is drifting again. I’ve sent joy-cons back to Nintendo for repair three times over the course of my Switch’s lifespan, I think I’m pretty fed up with doing that anymore.

I’ve seen some videos on different cleaning techniques, but I thought I’d ask if anyone has recommendations for mods that would fix more permanently? I’ve seen the cheap hall effect replacements on Amazon but some of the reviewers mention that the click-in (L3/R3) becomes really sensitive. Figured I’d ask if others have had the same experience or if there’s an alternative I should consider.

1 Like