Halloween Gaming Challenge 2023! šŸŽƒ

For last years challenge please refer to:

Seeing as how autumn is soon upon us (good portion I would assume), I figure it would be a good idea to keep this challenge going as it seems to be a favorite among many.

In terms of ā€œrulesā€, I donā€™t see anything wrong with keeping it how it went last year but of course, @Juansero29, can elaborate as well on that.

All are welcome to participate and collaborate on ideas.

Same as last year, this challenge will officially began on the 1st of September and run until the 1st of November.

I plan on using the same format I used last year if we are sticking to the same criteria found throughout the many games we will play and if anyone would like to follow suit with the same table, I will post mine below.

Title Year Console/ Format Bat Cat Ghost/ Haunting Graveyard Jack-oā€™-lantern/ Pumpkin Monster Scarecrow Killer/ Murder Tricks/ Treats Vampire Werewolf Witch Zombie

Happy almost Halloween everyone. I look forward to going through this with new and old members alike.

5 Likes

I agreed with a friend to play some PS2 survival horror games starting in September, actually. Iā€™m not sure how well the games will fit with the categories for this challenge, but maybe I can make it work. (Thereā€™s usually a killer at least? lol)

3 Likes

Great idea, I might tick some boxes with one game, but I doubt I will tick any with Starfield except there is a pumpkin planet to discover. :smiley:

Fall is my favorite season and I love Halloween!

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if it fits any of the categories too, but I am installing My Friendly Neighborhood after a colleagues recommendation. Sounds like it will be a fun time.

They have already started opening up Spirit Halloweens near me and rolled out pumpkin spice everything so I consider those to be good signs that the fall season has started.

3 Likes

This sounds like fun and it will give me the opportunity to play a game thatā€™s been on my backlog for a long time: MediEvil for the PS1ā€¦ I guess I will say it fits the graveyard category lol.

4 Likes

Oh, this is good. Iā€™d been wondering if it would return and have the same categories, because Iā€™d been saving a few and thinking of what Iā€™d use for each one

So I can start September 1st

4 Likes

As it is currently the 1st, I have been playing My Friendly Neighborhood, currently on track to getting the best ending with my first and likely only playthrough as I have a growing backlog all of a sudden.

I have been dealing with a gnarly stye currently, which makes it a bit cumbersome to game currently, but as it is currently draining now (disgusting, I know), I imagine I will be able to finish this game by this afternoon after work.

I am digging it so far and for what you can classify as a mascot horror game, it is one of the better ones it seems (although I havenā€™t delved into any other ones firsthand).

3 Likes

GAMEDEC

I am not far in, but I guess this counts:

https://media.tenor.com/sUU7zokVRT0AAAAC/gamedec-surprise.gif

3 Likes

GROUVEE HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE # 1: BAT

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredderā€™s Revenge

This was timed nicely; they just put in the new guys [Usagi and Karai] yesterday

Strange that Wingnut is in a lot of games/movies without Screwloose; they were supposed to have a symbiotic relationship

3 Likes

GROUVEE HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE # 2: CAT

Um Jammer Lammy

Greatest game of ALL TIME

3 Likes

Will start my Halloween Gaming Fun Times with a strange and unusual PS2 game called Gregory Horror Show. The first character you meet is Gregory, the rat who runs the hotel ā€“ but sadly rat is not one of the challenge categories. :rat: Rats!

The next character you meet is Neko Zombie though, an imprisoned stitched-up cat. That sounds like a twofer! :zombie: :black_cat:

3 Likes

We can always make rats a category, as I find it relevant to the season. Consider it counted.

4 Likes

Rats are a great addition to the challenge (and cute)!

5 Likes

Had to skip # 3 for the moment

GROUVEE CHALLENGE # 4: GRAVEYARD

OBAKEIDORO!

This one wouldā€™ve been perfect for most of the categories; what a perfect Halloween game

2 Likes

Itā€™s comforting to know that BG3 fits all of these categories, so I can just keep playing that and also comply with the rules of the Grouvee Halloween Challenge :joy:

3 Likes

Larian even wins the Halloween Challenge, we need to stop them or they overtake the world next!

I have now to hope that there is a rat in Starfield somewhere or a cat or both. :grin: I should ask on Nexus for a Halloween mod. :wink:

2 Likes

Surely thereā€™s a cat in Starfield; itā€™s the sequel to Garfield right ?

[j/k]

5 Likes

No, no thatā€™s Garfield Citizen, but itā€™s still in early Alpha or something and you only get a cat if you buy a very expensive starship with catnip and lasagna as cargo. :joy:

3 Likes

GROUVEE HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE # 5: JACK Oā€™ LANTERN/ PUMPKIN

Super Mario Land 2

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure Pumpkin Zone itself could complete the challenge. Lol

3 Likes