Grouvee Food: Bites

You deserve those cookies. Social worker work is no joke.

5 Likes

Im supposed to have a case load of 9. I have 25…

5 Likes

Now that looks very delicious!

1 Like

They were! You gotta have cheesecloth and twine but the actual prep is pretty easy. You can do it with a cooking skill of zero

1 Like

I made a congee this morning after Sohla El-Waylly’s recent rice 101 video showed me how simple it is.

I made mine with-

1 cup rice
7 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cups chopped carrots
Probably a 1/2 tablespoon of salt (I’m just having fun)
Topped with chopped bacon, a fried egg, and XO chili sauce

I’m really happy with how this turned out. It’s super easy too. You just gotta make sure to start an hour before you want to eat. Not the quickest meal, but it is a very “set it and forget it” recipe.

3 Likes

Looks really good. Might have to try that myself soon

3 Likes

I think two years ago I didn’t make much beyond toast. Pretty happy that I can now vibe out a good dish today. There are so many dishes that seem intimidating but just require a little intentionality. I’m gunna make some crispy sweet potato bites later.

2 Likes

That looks very good

1 Like

Tea and Smore.

I didn’t have an alcoholic beverage to pour out.

Basically, long ago, i frequented a gaming forum. Over 20 years later a handful of us still have a group chat on the go. A couple of them i consider good friends and we have met up many times. One came to my wedding!

Today, we found out one of our little gang passed away. He was 40. I didn’t know him in real life but from the Facebook tributes and my interactions with him in our little world, I can confirm he was a good dude. RIP homey.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

reminds me of boy scout camping with the smores

1 Like

Y’all got dis?

I have no particular fondness for this brand, but I love a spreadable cheese. I know America as a whole is overly fond of the coagulated dairy, but I find the spreadable variation to be distinctly crowd pleasing. Beer Cheese and Pimiento Cheese are two beautiful regional variations that I love, but even a generic store version does the trick.

1 Like

Yeah, i know we have some kinds. Not a huge selection but pimiento at leaat i know ive bought before.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a good spreadable sharp cheddar in ages. I grew up on MacLaren’s Imperial cheddar, a brand that’s been around since the late Victorian era in Canada.

IMG_6949

2 Likes

Made manicotti from mostly scratch. Didnt do the pasta cause that seemed too difficult to shape. Came out pretty good. Filled it with ricotta, italian cheese blend, onions, mushrooms and italian sausage.

3 Likes

I am going to have to start sharing some of the food that my mom makes and the above foods that you guys have shared look delicious.

Hawai’ian Pizza I made for lunch

3 Likes

Are you bacon or ham Hawaiian pizza kind of person? Or both? I’m assuming bacon from the photo, yes? Is it deep dish? From this perspective I feel like it’s deep dish. Am I right?

3 Likes

Used to be a pizza place in my hometown that did ham, pinapple and toasted almond slivers on Hawaiian which sounded odd, but it was super good

4 Likes

Bacon; I don’t really like ham

Hm, I don’t think it’s deep dish ? How do you make deep dish ?

With a Deep Dish, I’m guessing…

2 Likes