Grouvee Food: Bites

It was hard to tell if it was traditional thin crust pizza or deep dish from the flat lay image. But deep dish is basically like cheese pie, lol. It’s a Chicago thing.

3 Likes

Yes it is and they say glorious deep dish pizza originated at Uno’s in Chicago.

The important thing to remember is that it’s not pizza :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hmm now many Chicagoans would disagree with you. But I prefer thin crust.

1 Like

They would, they invented it. I have nothing against it, I quite like it. It’s just very clearly a cheese pie :joy:

1 Like

You ever do Pizanos? Great thin crust Chicago pizza.

1 Like

Words have no inherent meaning… but also I’m the pizza authority and I say deep dish counts as pizza!!!

2 Likes

It’s cheese pie. But it’s also pizza. I’m not actually going to die on that hill. Food is joy, who wants to put a damper on joy?

Also I’ll never not take the opportunity to post this when the topic of Chicago Pizza comes up.

2 Likes

Food is one of the best things ever. It transcends all the disagreements and such in the world. I cant understand the people who dont find enjoyment in food.

2 Likes

“I don’t like food anymore!” – Strong Sad

2 Likes

So i dont bake. Well i mean, i bake muffins, or brownies. I make a mean pancake lol, but i dont do fancy layer cakes and stuff. And cthulu forbid i try to decorate, it usually ends up a mess. But it was my girlfriends birthday, so i tried.

I did a choclate cake, 2 layer, with whipped cream frosting, and a layer of blackberry puree (jam?) In between the layers. Came out surprisingly good.

4 Likes

Looks real good! Send a (photo of) a slice of you still can. Want to see that cross section!

3 Likes

Ill try to remember. I think it needed more personally, it looks a little thin.

Edit:
Cake! I forgot i made the inner layer of whip pink lol. I made it yesterday but we didnt cut into it till today.

4 Likes

Made some garlicky italian chicken, steamed mixed veggies and a roasted tomato alfredo sauce. Chicken needed something more, but it was cooked well.

5 Likes

Looks very yummy. Love the garlic italian chicken.

Sandwich construction- how you keep those tomatoes from slipping and sliding?

1 Like

From the bottom
Bread → meat → leafy greens → tomato → cheese → Swauce → bread.
At least for the traditional sandwhich.

2 Likes

Anyone here like Polish food?

1 Like

Not sure ive actually had any, but id be down to try some

3 Likes

Baked some cookies. They were delicioussss

9 Likes