Grouvee Food: Bites

This is THE place to post your recent recipes or food queries. Maybe dive into this forum occasionally, post a picture of your crudites, tell Peter that he needs to up his cubed butter in his eggs to get the curds he’s looking for, or ask how you can replicate the gnocchi from that five-star gastropub. We all eat. We may as well help each other make the food we eat delicious. Also, gaming is better with snacks. I said it! Snacking while gaming just makes two great things better.

Anyway, be nice in this space. We ain’t too fancy. If you want to post a grilled cheese, that’s cool. If you want to post a deconstructed cacio e pepe, be my guest. Just be respectful. Don’t yuck anybody’s yum.

7 Likes

This should be fun.

I do want to make one point, that maybe we should split this into two threads, one for drinks and one for food. That way people who don’t drink and don’t want to have to wade through discussion about alcohol for personal reasons can still visit the food thread and participate.

5 Likes

I’m totally open to whatever. If we want to make a vegetarian/vegan thread, that’s cool too. Just everyone be cool. That’s all I ask.

4 Likes

And there is me who tries to stop eating while gaming, because the food disappears but I do not feel like I ate anything. I need to lose weight and eating at the PC is a no-no for now. Only water, because we all need to stay hydrated, especially in summer!

I am very interested though what you all are eating and cooking. I am always interested into new recipes. I don’t know if I will have much to share myself, because my cooking is very boring, but I might find something nice to share. Would be my first time making a picture of food to post on the internet.

5 Likes

Made a mac (fusilli) and cheese (cheddar) working off this recipe. I added some tomatoes and spinach to adult-it-up for me and the wife. Left it basic for the kids.

I imagine this is a pretty easily customizable recipe. Goof with the pasta. Pervert the cheese. What do y’all like in your mac and cheese?*

*If you don’t/can’t eat Mac and cheese, my sincerest apologies to you

6 Likes

That sounds pretty good. I’m a Mac n cheese snob lol. I always do some fancy noodles and minimum of 3 cheeses. If I’m feeling real fancy I’ll add goat cheese. Usually onions, bell pepper, sometimes bacon.

3 Likes

What’re your cheeses?

2 Likes

Depends what I have on hand. Usually fiesta blends or like mozzarella/ parmesan and something else. But I’ve used gouda, muenster, fontina, havarti and monterey jack in various ones. think my favorite I’ve done was mozzarella/ gruyere/ Brie /goat cheese.
I’m a pretty spur of the moment cook though. Tend to just throw things together and see what comes.

3 Likes

Here’s my last Mac n cheese, with panko breaded chicken strips. I used gruyere, mozzarella and Parmesan, with a homemade pesto and roasted onion and garlic mixed in.

last

6 Likes

minimum of 3 cheeses

Is this you? :smiley:

5 Likes

I made Salmon Spaghetti!

If I’d known about this thread I would have taken a photo. Next time!

Boil spaghetti and spinach.

Pan fry cubed salmon with garlic and ginger paste, cream or full fat milk, vegetable stock, squeeze a lemon over it, salt, black pepper. When done, pour spaghetti and spinach into the pan, with just a bit of the water, plate it, dash more black pepper, sprinkle with dill, cheese.

Eat!

7 Likes

A somewhat different food picture I found interesting:

6 Likes

So during the pickes war, I was challenged by @BMO* to have a branston cheese sandwich and, as I’m mentally 11 years old, I couldn’t run away from it. I think I still need to manage proportion of ingredients because it basically was like eating pickles with different textures, even though I’m sure I put cheese in there. Not that its a bad thing, and I ended spooning some branston afterwards, so a promising thing indeed.

(*): Might not have happened

3 Likes

I neglected to say it should probably be cheddar. At least that’s what I was taught when I lived in the UK.

2 Likes

It was mature cheddar actually, although the cheapest version I could find, which is actually some bagged stuff that reminds me of pencil shavings.

3 Likes

@BMO threw the gauntlet down. “Eat a branston cheese sandwich or you’re a square!!!”

Vicious and unhinged. Glad you stood up to them.

4 Likes

What can I say? I’m just a person in pursuit of justice.

3 Likes

I didn’t know I had that much power.

Now, what to make people eat next…

4 Likes

Durian…and head cheese? Lol

3 Likes

Both of those things are delicious!

4 Likes