Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

That’s awesome Peter, thanks! :smiley: Can it automatically sort based on grouvee ratings too though? The shelf I want to order by rating contains 129 games so it would take a lot of clicks to order it by myself.

1 Like

Yes, you can sort your shelf by Grouvee rating, and then make it your “manual” sort if that’s what you’re asking. You can either click the Avg Rating heading on your shelf page, or select the Average Grouvee Rating option in the “Sort By” drop down on the right side of your shelf page to get the shelf sorted by Average Grouvee Rating. After it’s sorted (it’s a little slow right now because I haven’t optimized it), you can either “enable sorting” on the shelf page by clicking the link at the top of the shelf page, or click the “make this my manual sort” button if you’ve already enabled sorting on the shelf. That sets your manual sort as the Grouvee rating, and you can tweak the shelf however you want from there.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense or if I didn’t answer your question!

1 Like

What do you guys think of changing how the feed system currently works. I’m thinking of pretty much stealing the Twitter model. You follow people and only their reviews, comments, statuses, and game additions will show up in your feed. I’d put a more robust user search in place, and I’d also make high profile reviewers more prevalent so it’d be easy to find people to follow. I honestly think the feed has been getting cluttered, and I don’t know if everyone wants to read all that.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Hi Peter, agree that the main page feed is getting a bit cluttered with all sorts of general chit-chat (that may actually be better suited to a forum post).

On the other hand though being relatively new to the site one thing that attracted me in the first place was everything was so open, I could read reviews of games that I’d never heard of from people I’d never met and this has really broadened my horizons and introduced me to games that I would have never considered before (as well as getting to know so many people from a really great community).

If I just followed a few people, twitter style, then wouldn’t this narrow things down too much?

…not sure, but I can see your dilemma.

1 Like

Could we have the option of just seeing the full feed instead?

1 Like

@peter,
With regard to the sorting system, it works brilliantly! Of course a drag-n-drop type thing would be a nice modern convenience, but really that’s just extra fluff and finery; I’ve messed around with it and it works really well and I’m been looking forward to this feature. It’s nice to see my little list to “to-play-next” games all in a row, exciting to peep at!

With regard to the feed and clutter, correct me if I’m wrong, but does pretty much everything (activity-wise) get posted to the feed? For example, if someone writes a review it goes on the feed, but then a week later if someone writes a reply to that review, that too goes to the feed? I might be wrong on this. I was thinking it would be better to leave the feed alone, but limit it to just status updates and reviews, but not replies or other fluff. In some ways it would make me sad if I only saw the stuff my friends posted: the friends that I’ve made on Grouvee it’s all due to the fact that I can see everyone’s thoughts popping in the feed and so I’ll see someone I don’t know and chat to them. I feel like if it was “friends only” I’d be stuck in a bubble and there wouldn’t really be a system in place to reach out and find new buddies (other than the forum, but it seems like very few users are even aware of/take advantage of the forum).

1 Like

I think we’ll keep it the way it is. I agree with everyone’s points about discovering new people and games through the feed, and I don’t want to mess that up. I want to figure out a way to feature prevalent reviewers somehow (@Westane comes to mind :smile:) and not have their reviews be lost in the shuffle after a day or so. I’ll have to draw something up here soon.

2 Likes

Perhaps you could even have things a bit like “sticky posts”, significant content that people have submitted or particularly relevant/important reviews that will stick around for a few days, or even a side-bar that may highlight/suggest particular articles/reviews/statuses based upon their merit.

1 Like

Found it! Must have overlooked it when I looked there last.
This is PERFECT I’m so happy now :smiley:

2 Likes

@peter
I was about to complain about a bug in the website but it seems to have fixed itself!!

So, here’s a feature I was thinking of, or that would be cool. I don’t know, perhaps it’s a bad idea, because this is Grouvee, not facebook, and I hate facebook. But still, I often come across a circumstance where I notice someone has purchased a game or added it to their shelf, or they’re playing a game “Bob has added X to his Playing Shelf!”.
Often in these circumstances I want to comment. I want to say “oh cool, you’re playing that now?” or something like “Oh, wow, that game looks cool, where did you get it?” But there’s no way of kind of doing that. You can’t like/comment on shelf activity.
I thought a workaround would be to go to the game’s actual page and type a status update there and tag the individual. For example, I see Bob has added Bad Rats to his Played shelf, so I go to the Bad Rats page to write a status thing saying "@Bob hey cool to see you managed to beat the game!"
Or alternatively, go to Bob’s page and write “Cool game bro!” on his “Grouvee profile wall” but now we’re getting back into facebook territory, lol. But yeah, seems like there’s no way of doing this sort of process, aside from perhaps going into the forum and doing a PM in here.

Not sure if this is a dumb idea (or if what I’m saying makes any sense at all), but thought I’d mention it as it’s an issue/need a run across pretty frequently.

1 Like

Hey Peter! I don’t quite understand this forum structure - it’s neat - so I guess I’ll post this here!

I thought I’d make two suggestions for Grouvee’s development. First, I found the coolest thing so far has been to spot games I’ve played before and click “played” to sort of summarize ALL of the games I’ve ever played! This is sweet! I thought if there was a feature similar to Steam’s new-ish ‘explore games’ catalogue (a set of several games a day) that I could be reminded of games I’ve played back in the day without having to scroll through the Top 200 on Grouvee, that would be great!

Also, and this may be a selling point for the service - why not make this medium cater to power users? For instance, combine and track data in a similar way as psnprofiles does. They do things like graphs for average trophies by hour, but I thought for this we could see average ratings for categories (like RPG’s), then we could see what games (I personally) rate higher than others. An idea anyway!

Thanks for the smooth interface and easy availability Grouvee provides for my collections!

@peter

2 Likes

I really want to get more stats on the site. I think most of the people on here would really get into that kind of stuff.

Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

Cool is it this forum or am I supposed to create a New topic?
Game I currenlty want to add is Battle fleet 2.

1 Like

Here is fine. It has now been added.

1 Like

Could you add Hiversaires? It’s a point and click puzzle game for android. Thanks.

1 Like

Added.

1 Like

I am from Hong Kong. So far so good with your great site but let me get to the point:

The STEAM IMPORT feature is great but isn’t without flaws. It has huge latency - so huge that I thought it wasn’t working at first and resorted to manual adding. The next day, I saw it imported 42 Steam titles for me. No duplicates, great. But now more than 100 Steam games are outside of the Steam tab. Can it be rewired to regroup those Steam games into the Steam tab?

Next, I prefer “ALPHABETICAL” order because it is more organized. Your site often disables it. Can it be permanently turned on?

1 Like

It normally doesn’t take too terribly long to do the initial import. No more than an hour, and normally it’s done within 15 minutes I believe. You might have a lot of games we don’t have mapped in our database yet though. Did you go to the Steam Import help page? Log In and track your game collection and backlog with Grouvee If you have a lot of games on that page, help us out by linking the Grouvee game with the Steam game! If you need help, just let me know.

I don’t quite understand this question. You can sort any one of your shelves in alphabetical order. I guess you’re asking for it to be permanently sorted in alphabetical order? If that’s the case, you can enable sorting on any shelf and make the alphabetical sort the sort order for the shelf. Does that makes sense?

1 Like

I own just 170 something Steam games. But to recap, I wish a re-scan can identify the Steam games I added manually, putting them back into the Steam shelf.

I know that sorting button exist for all shelves but the “All” Shelf. The “All” Shelf is my top pick, unluckily.

1 Like

Thank you kind sir. Much appreciated

1 Like