Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

Grouvee has a forum now!

If you have ideas for categories, or suggestions for how we should moderate this, reply here and let me know.

Also, say hi while you’re here!

8 Likes

Hello! Thanks for creating a forum here Peter.

As far as ideas for categories go here, do you think using this place to discuss site-wide features, bugs, and suggestions would be viable? Or, are you wanting to keep at least a portion of that (suggestions, I guess) on the UserVoice site?

Past that, I’m just not sure how granular to go as far as categories go; platforms? (XONE, PS4, WIIU, etc.) individual games?

Either way, I’m excited to see how this turns out!

1 Like

The Meta forum will be for features, bugs, and suggestions. I’m going to be exporting the UserVoice stuff over to here soon, and then getting rid of that.

As far as granularity. I was thinking platforms would be the first step. I might just leave Video Games as the top category and see how cluttered that gets though too. Unless people want platforms right off the bat.

I guess I might just go ahead and put a big link on the Grouvee site for everyone to see so we can get some more people over here. I like this discussion format a lot.

1 Like

I realized that I never actually introduced myself in my earlier post.

I’m Peter, and I built Grouvee. I wanted a better place to keep track of my ever growing game collection that was better than the Google Doc I was using, so Grouvee was born… sort of.

I actually started Grouvee as a Rotten Tomatoes for video games. I would go read all of the different reviews on all these other video games sites and decide whether the review was a thumbs up or thumbs down. I would put all that data into a database, and you could come to the site to see what percentage of reviewers liked Super Mario Galaxy, or whatever. The problem was that every game was either a 95% or a 10%. So I abandoned that version of the site and turned it into just another reviews and news video game blog. I eventually decided the world didn’t need another one of those, so after a year of doing that, I released the Grouvee that you see today.

I also wanted a place that people could meet other people that were into collecting games. I didn’t feel like people were talking enough on the main grouvee.com site, so I added this forum so we could get some more discussion going.

It’s fascinating to me to see all the different types of games that people are into. I want to know why you like the games that you like, or hate the games that you hate. So come say hi, and stick around to talk!

4 Likes

Hooray we have a forum! :smiley:
Oh man. How awesome!

2 Likes

Hello!

Only suggestion I can think of right now would be an alternate dark theme for the site. I find darker backgrounds a lot easier on the eyes.

Nice website though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everybody im new to all this. The only thing i would like is when your logging your games and you can put played,wishlist,backlog or playing it would be nice to have one saying completed. I know you can do it when your adding the start dates and finished date. But not ever one can remember when they started and finished a game not from years ago anyway. And it would be nice to be able to put what trophies/achievements you have unlocked on the latests games.

1 Like

Right now, I’d suggest just making a custom shelf named Completed, and add your games to that. I am working on a lot of features for Grouvee right now, and one of them is the ability to sort and query your collection based on the dates and completion data you enter into the system.

As for trophies, if Sony or Microsoft ever open up an API for achievements, I’d be all over that. Right now, the only place I can pull them from is Steam, and I haven’t gotten that into Grouvee yet. It’s on the roadmap though!

2 Likes

I noticed the other day that the spoiler function is not possible on a game review. Can it be? It would be nice to go in depth with specific details of a game and not spoil anything for someone who wants to keep themselves misinformed of actual content.

2 Likes

It’s not there yet. I’m adding it in with the next release. The forum actually has a different editor than the regular site.

1 Like

The main thing I’m hoping for is the ability to make a list of games and organize it manually, not just by the automatic sorting functions.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m being redirected to a spammy site called http://lemode-mgz. com/ and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this…?

1 Like

Is this happening on a specific page? It’s not happening for me.

1 Like

I just googled around a little bit. It sounds like it might have something to do with a malicious ad served up from Google Adsense. I’ll investigate some more.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s happening everywhere on the site. It bugs me to subscribe to some yoga magazine and sometimes Oprah pops up. I’ve scanned my laptop thoroughly so I know it’s not coming from my side.

1 Like

I’m looking into it. It’s definitely a Google Ad issue. I think they’re working on it, but I’ll pull the ads off for the time being if I get more complaints.

Sorry about that. I don’t think there’s much else I can do other than try and block the ad in my Adsense account.

1 Like

thanks!! don’t worry about it. It’s not a huge problem, I just wanted to let you guys know it’s happening. :smile:

1 Like

I’ll try to be more active on here, as opposed to just updating my catalog every few months! Thanks for the forum, Pete!

2 Likes

Is it just me or is everyone getting redirected to spam sites randomly? I type in a game in the search bar, and I’m on a spam site. I’m starting to get a little concerned about Malware from here. I’ve never had that problem on a legit site before. Is it safe?

1 Like