Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

I wonder if I am alone in experiencing this. Frequently, when posting a comment on the Grouvee main site my posts or comments are truncated. Normally by one or two characters. I frequently have to edit my posts to add the missing characters. This involves leaving two spaces after the end of my post to prevent truncation. Has anyone else experienced this? I experience it on both mobile and desktop, if that is helpful info.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t just the Read More button showing up?

Can you give me an example the next time it comes up?

1 Like

It is when posting and happens most of the time, often with new posts and particularly with edits. It is not a matter of read more cutting things off, actual characters are truncated. Editing a truncated post reveals that the characters are indeed missing.

1 Like

Here is another thing I have come across. If you sort a game shelf by platform and then click Tell Me What to Play you get the following error message:

In the event that additional information helps, the shelf I sorted was backlog and the platform was PlayStation 4.

2 Likes

Interesting. I screwed something up there!

2 Likes

Intro: Long time gamer. Started with Pong when I was 3, lived through the Atari era onwards.

Been looking for an inventory management app/site. Trying Grouvee out.

I see that I can import my Steam inventory. Excellent.

However what about others, especially for the consoles (PSN, Xbox Live Marketplace, Nintendo Shop)? I guess itā€™s a matter of whether they have an exposed API or not.

Thanks

1 Like

Currently only Steam imports. You will have to manually add stuff from the consoles.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a new version of the editor I use on Grouvee ready to install in the next update. It should fix the truncation problem. Redactor is what I use, and the new version looks a lot faster and cooler.

2 Likes

Ah, thatā€™s what I thought.
Is there at least a way to import your Steam Wishlist? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. I will add that to my list to investigate though. It seems like there would be an API for that.

1 Like

Cool, I look forward to the update. Does it support markdown? It is nice having markdown options on the forum side and it would be great to have the option to use it on the main site.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking into that. Iā€™d love to adapt this editor from the forums to use on the site. I just need to figure out how! Itā€™s Discourse software, which is open source, so I should be able to find the different pieces they use and adapt it for the site.

2 Likes

I love this editor. Easier replies and quoting, markdown, a preview pane. Commenting on this side is smooth and simple. The main site is fine, but not a polished as the forum side. What led to the use of two different editors to begin with? Are the forums built on a different platform from the main site?

1 Like

I built the main site all on my own first. When it came time to putting in a forum, I decided to use someone elseā€™s software, and Discourse had just about every feature I wanted. Their editor is just better than anything Iā€™ve built.

2 Likes

Ah, so I am basically insulting your hard work then. Way to go me! The site is really impressive and its definitely a feat that you built it from scratch. I hope that by critiquing aspects of it Iā€™m not picking on your work. Itā€™s a great site.

4 Likes

Haha, Iā€™m so offended. Trust me, I know thereā€™s some jank on the site, but Iā€™m working on it. I just wish I had more time!

1 Like

I know isthereanydeal.com imports your Steam wishlist, I donā€™t know how they do it though. It doesnā€™t keep it updated however, you have to refresh it manually, so it might not be a terribly sophisticated system.

1 Like

There needs to be a way to add unlisted games or it needs to be more obvious. For example, Disney Infinity should be split up into playsets as you are paying $30 for each one. So instead of Disney Infinity 3.0, it would be four games: The Force Awakens, Battlegrounds, Rise Against the Empire, and Twilight of the Republic.

1 Like

Hereā€™s an idea, is it possible/somewhat easy to add in a query button or link that can take you to a page on the main site for all status updates for a game from everyone? Example: I have Hitman Go on my playing shelf maybe there could be a link under the thumbnail which when clicked on will take me to a page showing every status of Hitman Go. I think it would be cool. Iā€™m sure you have bigger items on your to do list. Does anyone think this will be useful? I know you could easily just start a thread in the forum for a particular game, I feel like my idea would be easier to access. Thanks.

3 Likes

When you say status, do you mean start and end date, completion level, time played, etc?

1 Like