What are you listening to right now?

Oh no!! Not that I was huge Arcade Fire fan but I did like them. Well, that sucks.

2 Likes

The anniversary edition of American Idiot that Green Day is coming out with this month has a bunch of demo versions of all of the tracks on the album and I’m very excited for it. Looking back, American Idiot is super surface level and basic in its political commentary, but something about this demo version of “Holiday” and “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” just makes my 15 year old self giddy. I’m enjoying these songs a lot in this slightly less over-produced state.

2 Likes

Nice little playlist

2 Likes

New Chat Pile album out

1 Like

I was hyped for their new album, actually arrived 10 days b4 my birthday, holding out on listening it for that long was hard. I like the industrial spin on their music. ‘Coh’ slaps absolute shit too, easily in their top 3 IMO.

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s just fun to hear someone croon “Nintendo 64”

Got around to checking out the new Godspeed album NO TITLE AS OF 13 FEBRUARY 2024 28,340 DEAD. This has to be my favorite post-hiatus record from the band, and maybe my favorite of the year so far. Parts of it have a grim atmosphere, but the biggest songs of it stand out for their cathartic and uplifting crescendos, which I wasn’t expecting based on the album title.

2 Likes

This is quickly becoming my second favourite game soundtrack this year:

2 Likes

F*ck depression.This song is capturing it so well, sad and strong.

2 Likes

Since I’m a post-rock mood already, I checked out another album that’s been on my radar, A Lonely Sinner by samlrc/Samantha Rodrigues. It’s a blend of acoustic indie folk with ambient passages and heavy metal guitars sometimes punctuating its crescendos. It’s a blend that reminds me very much of Phil Elverum/Mount Eerie/The Microphones, but to me the real highlight of the album is “For M,” which takes a variety of crazy turns in its concise track length. It starts off as a cute acoustic number with chimes that remind me of something off the Minecraft soundtrack, building up into an indie rock drive that gives Arcade Fire a run for its money, then breaking down again and building to a great crescendo that interpolates a Vitamin String Quartet cover of Bjork’s “Hyperballad.”

The record is a bit meandering at times, and progressions can sometimes lead to dead ends. But this is an artist that clearly has a lot of talent, and is one to watch for me.

1 Like