What are you listening to right now?

Strong voice, the song is on my Spotify list now. Thank you for posting, I did not know her.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This song has kind of become a gay anthem in the states lol.

It’s actually a cover, Bobbie Gentry did the original. Both good versions! I think I like the song a little more than I actually care for Reba McEntire. :slight_smile: But she’s cool.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that was Fancy when you first posted it. It’s only Reba song I know and it’s a good one.

2 Likes

Piano cover of Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories full album.

2 Likes

More spooky music:

1 Like

The rising pitch on Contact is haunting with the trilling piano keys.

1 Like

Molchat Dolma, a darkwave? Belarusian band

I was looking for new bands and came up to a post on mastodon with a list of darkwave and goth bands. This was on the top and has quickly became one of my new favourites.

3 Likes

You can tell they wear their Depeche Mode influence very prominently on their sleeves.

2 Likes

“We’ve got Depeche Mode at home”

3 Likes

Trying out the new Coldplay album on my long road trip today. Trying to ensure I have a bad time.

It sucks that Coldplay now is a shadow of who they were 10 years ago, which is a shadow of who they were 10 years before that. Chris Martin has never been a particularly good songwriter, but these are some of his laziest lyrics- feeling like words that Post Malone would have rejected. There’s one or two moments on the record that are enjoyable, and I forget I am listening to modern Coldplay, but those moments are few and far between.

I can’t believe people compare this to my beloved U2.

4 Likes

Are they? Or have you just realized the truth :wink:

2 Likes

Haven’t listened to any new Coldplay, but Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head were two albums I was completely obsessed with as a teenager, and I think they still hold up as really lovely and melancholic sounding post-britpop.

4 Likes

Sounds dangerous. You might fall asleep at the wheel!

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I’m dreading checking out this record. Their last one had some of the most especially insufferable music I’ve heard in ages, even when compared to some of the already awful albums they’ve released in the last 15 years. I agree that Chris Martin was never a great songwriter, and Coldplay was overrated from day one. But dangit, A Rush of Blood to the Head was a good record for its time and they at least had a catchy tune here and there in the 2000s.

4 Likes

I think their first 2 records hold up pretty well, but everything after that gets progressively worse. I still check them out occasionally but I’m realizing the last record of theirs I enjoyed is about 20 years old.

2 Likes

I had basically the same realization with Red Hot Chili Peppers yesterday but it was like 2006’s Stadium Arcadium so 18 years…close enough.

3 Likes

Exactly this, the first two and I’d even say the third, are fine. The world needs “fine” music and unfortunately all these corporate rock groups just run out of steam and make crap to keep their record deals keep going, I suppose. The saddest ones to me are Garbage and Metric, their last few albums have been awful and they used to be SO GOOD. :face_exhaling:

2 Likes