What are you listening to right now?

best album ive listened to in a long, long time.

4 Likes
2 Likes

The Elmopalooza soundtrack, of all things. We had it when we were little

I listened to this one and others whilst re-playing Power Wash Simulator

1 Like

Ever listen to The Mars Volta? I have a feeling youd enjoy, or at minimum respect them. Theyre a semi rotating lineup but the core members used to be part of the band At the Drive In. Id recommend the albums De-Loused in the Comatorium or Noctourniquet, If you listen to them.

2 Likes

I did the exact same thing! This one was my favorite remix of the bunch, I love how the decrepit hardware strains against its design to create something new.

2 Likes

ive never heard of them, but ill go check them out! thank you for the rec :o3

1 Like

‘Everything’s going to be okay’

1 Like
1 Like

Saw the Flaming Lips live and they played their entire Yoshimi album. When they got to this song it was like a warm hug.

7 Likes
4 Likes

I kinda fell off FJM after Pure Comedy, but I saw he had a new single (it’s good! Not what I’m posting though!), and ended up listening to his last studio album. Chloë and the Next 20th Century is at its best when it is giving into its concept of a post modern lounge album. There is a lot of standard Father John Misty folk-rock-fare on the record as well which is serviceable but not that memorable. Buddy’s Rendezvous, however, is the highlight of the album as it synthesizes FJM’s musical style and storytelling lyrics with these beautiful smokey lounge keys, swelling cymbals, and a passionate saxophone. Playing this on repeat on my train ride home.

4 Likes

My ex got me into him in his J. Tillman days. Pretty different from Fleet Foxes. Good stuff!

3 Likes

Yea, I didn’t realize the Fleet Foxes connection until a few years after getting into I Love You, Honeybear. He’s doing completely his own thing solo.

2 Likes
  • What are you listening to right now?
  • Everybody knows (now):
4 Likes

This is such a good song.

4 Likes

Nelemania:

I was literally listening to it this morning! lol
One of my favorite songs of hers. Lovely piano playing

3 Likes

Adam Buxton totally deserves to be more well known than he is!

2 Likes

No Mark Strong? Guess it doesn’t rhyme.

1 Like

This is an insanely poorly cut video, but some of my best friends in college had a Leonard Cohen cover band :grin: They were a lot of fun.

3 Likes

I always wanted to make music, but I am as talented as a rock when it comes to any form of art. I love watching cover bands because you can feel their love for the artists they are covering and they put their heart into the music. I think my best memories of club nights were with local cover bands when we would sing along (me, of course, completely out of tune and out of rhythm).

4 Likes