What are you listening to right now?

Is the whole OST this ethereal? I really like it! At first it almost sounds like one of those “slowed 8,000%” videos, and then heads into something a bit more rhythmic with the percussion. Before the track can get boring it introduces new elements like the synths and woodwinds that wash over you.

I’m trying to say it reminds me of David Wise without just saying “Dude, it’s like Aquatic Ambience”.

1 Like

No, the entire thing isn’t quite like that, but a good portion is. There are far more lively and bombastic tracks.

I love that track because it borrows clear influences from Yasunori Mitsuda’s compositions for Chrono Trigger. Other tracks are very clearly inspired by ALttP, and I know both those games influenced Janice Kwan and Terence Lee.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Wow I really dig that. Sounds very nostalgic Squaresoft. At first I thought, oh this is like Masashi Hamauzu. But then Yasunori Mitsuda kicked in, and then Hiroki Kikuta. Like if FFX, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana had a baby.

It’s my favourite track in the game, but the whole soundtrack is fantastic.

2 Likes
2 Likes

My Top 3 Guitar Solos

3 Likes

New Sunny Day Real Estate song is so good. It’s been on constant repeat today when I’ve been commuting.

I guess technically it’s an old unreleased song that has been re-recorded.

2 Likes

Parliament album "the clones of dr funkinstein "

3 Likes

Hello I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend any new game soundtracks that are very epic that would be good to listen to while reading a good book?

Not soundtracks, but I have a lot of ambient musicians I put on when reading or writing. Nils Frahm, Brian Eno, Tim Hecker, Bonobo, Amon Tobin.

Sims 2 soundtrack is good though.

3 Likes

Soundtracks for Hollow Knight, Tunic, Celeste, Outer Wilds and Kentucky Route Zero are four of the albums that I have on regular rotation and are really great as ambient sounds to listen to while also doing other things like studying. Kentucky Route Zero does have some vocal tracks which can be distracting, so bear that in mind.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I watched / listened to this for the first time today. Why did no one tell me this exists?

3 Likes

One of the greatest music videos ever! I remember it was on MTV all the time when I was a kid.

1 Like

love the cover art on this soundtrack and this is the best song from the game ace combat 4

3 Likes

This is like an Animal Collective feels era track

4 Likes

rofl. I want to see more of KK Slider’s freak folk era.

2 Likes

For some reason I have always avoided Jeff Rosenstock’s music despite the acclaim around it. Finally gave a listen to his record from last year and I really enjoy it, with this track in particular being super fun.

4 Likes