Undertale

This is the discussion/completion topic for Undertale. Please keep any spoilers blurred!

undertale
Title: Best Friend

If you’ve completed the game, let us know below and an admin will make sure you get your badge!

3 Likes

I finished this over christmas, it was good. It shows how a simple game can still be really memorable and powerful.
Although I shouldn’t get the badge because I screwed it up. I started a new game actually to try to redeem myself. I won’t spoil it, but yeah, that ending though. The flower. O_o

2 Likes

so when are we considering this completed? after one run? or after you’ve completed a neutral, genocide, and true pacifist route? only missing the genocide route here as i messed it up a bit through that run. we should all agree on this first!

and in regards to the badge title… it obviously can’t be too spoil-ish. (btw is there a spoiler tag when typing stuff?) i think “determined” would fit.

EDIT: ignore mostly everything below this.

SPOILER BELOW THIS!!!

i also think it would be pretty nifty if the badge owner could pick between “frisk” or “chara” based on the owners preferred route.

2 Likes

Whatever you call done is when it’s complete.

You can do spoilers by doing this:

[spoiler]...[/spoiler]
2 Likes

in that case i morally think i still need to play with one more time to say i’ve completed it.

any criticism/praise on those title ideas though?

2 Likes

today i realized that i totally misunderstood a pretty big part of this story and am going to jump right back in it after i get done with earthbound. i feel like a punk.

1 Like

Beat it, my favourite game up to date.

Neutral, pacifist completed and genocide up to sans fight. I couldn’t get myself to kill him and end everything

4 Likes

I’ve finished this game 6 times so far. I love replayable RPGs like this.

Perhaps the badge could be titled “Your Best Friend” or something else in reference to Flowey.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering what would be considered 100% completion for this game: getting just the 3 main endings, or getting the pacifist, genocide, and ALL variants of the neutral ending.

1 Like

Beat this twice. just one playthrough can’t do this game justice. Moreover, the entire first one felt like a tutorial or an intro to the second playthrough.

2 Likes

This game is really something special and has become one of my all-time faves. Completed it through all 3 routes. I just wish I could get back the feeling of experiencing it for the very first time again.

4 Likes

I have completed all routes in Undertale! Best PC exclusive game ever! Best Indie game ever!

1 Like

100% Completion is when the game makes you whole

Completed it! Such a different, cool game.

2 Likes

Great game. Really burrowed into my brain!

2 Likes

A game that definitely deserves all the praise it got. And after learning that Cave Story was one of Toby Fox’s inspirations, I can see the touches of influence here and there.
Cleared neutral and pacifist routes, but I can’t bring myself to finish a no mercy run. Destroying everyone’s happiness right after completing pacifist is just too heart breaking. </3

2 Likes

Only ever beat this once on a mixed playthrough of sparing/killing

1 Like

Playing through the full game on all paths was a fun, unique experience. I enjoyed completing everything this game had to offer.

1 Like

Completed it! Would like a badge :slight_smile:

What a beautiful story!

2 Likes

Finished the game, wasn’t what I had been expecting. :blossom:

2 Likes