Super Sonic Way Past Cool Fan Club

Not Sonic related specifically, but probably still interesting to this crowd:

Hallmark made an irresistible Sega Dreamcast tree ornament

2 Likes

Had to share this :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Apparently some leaked documents claim there is another game coming next year. I’d take this with a grain of salt, but if anything it’ll be a new mobile game, not a full console title.

Wouldn’t expect another mainline game so soon, but some kind of spinoff or another compilation seems feasible.

Excellent video on the storytelling used in Sonic 3 (and Knuckles). One of the things that has always made this my personal favorite entry of the series is how well it establishes its setting and the stakes of its conflicts. The scene transitions from one level to the next go a long way in creating the illusion of all these different locales being linked together on one island (or nearby it, in a few cases).

4 Likes

Guess it’s worth noting here, that there was another Sonic game announced the other day, but it’ll be exclusive to Apple Arcade.

To be honest, it piques my interest a bit more than Sonic Superstars ever did. But it’s hard to say much with this little footage. I’m wondering if it’s meant to be a bit more of a bite-size experience compared to something like Sonic Frontiers? Hopefully it’ll get released to other platforms eventually.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the video. Definitely will give it a watch. I love all the lore in S3&K as well. Such a shame they basically gave up on it after that.

As for Dream Team, I’ll check out some gameplay videos on YouTube, but won’t be playing it as I’m not an Apple user. I’m surprised that it’s exclusive to Apple as that must cut down the number of users by a hell of a lot (not only do you need an Apple device, but also a subscription to their games service. :grimacing:)

For those that do get to play it, I hope it’s good.

Via Tails Channel, the Sonic series hit over 1.66 billion unit sales and downloads for the fiscal year of 2023.

Apparently sales of Sonic Superstars has been less stellar than SEGA would have liked. I’d say price has a lot to do with it; £60 is way too much for this game IMO. Also, it was a pretty packed month from what I understand.

2 Likes

For anyone that still has to read the amazing IDW comics, or just fancies some good comics in general

SONIC DRIFT 16 BIT BAAABAAAYYYY! Noah Copeland has blessed us with a glorious trailer worthy of the Emprah of Mehnkend’s grehss.

1 Like

What I love about sonic. Is that sega embraced the fan community while Nintendo sends there lawyers.

Except when they were also in the console biz, when they most certainly didn’t;

Sega shuts down 100s of ROM sites.

Wait this reminds me a lot of a company called Nintendo

1 Like

Games sell consoles. Once Sega stopped selling hardware they seem to have chilled out.

1 Like

So true. Sega is acting like Nintendo should of.

Some interesting news bits:

2 Likes

Commenting on the last rumor regarding the upcoming Jet Set game. If that ends up being the case, I will play it once the service component stops being supported. I refuse to participate in such game models as they just don’t interest me. They almost always come off as a cheap way to fleece consumers with puny updates at best. Why should I pay for various costumes which should’ve been included in the game from the beginning as an example I have seen way too often.

If it ends up being true, then it may be time to finally put the series to rest and just enjoy what we have.

We shall see if this ends up being true.

2 Likes

I’m hoping it’ll be a solo game with multiplayer component. I large city to explore and graffiti in solo sounds cool, but I’m not interested in fighting with others for tag space. Guess we’ll see.

2 Likes

That sounds like an awsome GTA like open world sonic game.