Psychonauts

This is the discussion/completion topic for Psychonauts. Please keep any spoilers blurred!

psychonauts
Title: Psychic Soldier

If you’ve completed the game, let us know below and an admin or moderator will make sure you get your badge!

3 Likes

Yay!! Legitimately my favorite game, beyond excited for the sequel.

Title suggestions (all from the intro cutscene):

• Psychic Soldier
  • Paranormal Paratrooper
  • Mental Marine
1 Like

I love this game! I’d like this badge.

1 Like

Wow, no Earthbound or Zelda?

Never played Psychonauts but here are a couple of names for the badge:

• Psych!
  • Razzed
  • What a Circus
  • Cerebral Vortex
  • Mob Psycho 100 (thats a joke sorry)

I don’t know, it’s hard to make up names for a game i never played.

guuuuuuud game, beat it a long time ago

1 Like

This is one of those games where I figured I’d play a few minutes just to be polite to the friend who recommended it, and ended up enthralled. Definitely a favorite! Badge please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Completed it on PC. Have the PS4 version in the backlog.

1 Like

I beat it once before but I am so willing to run through it again due to the addition of Steam achievements. I’ve been a fan of Tim Schafer’s earlier adventure games and Psychonauts breathes its own air well. Loveable characters, crafty game mechanics around psychic powers and a charming story throughout.

So… who’s looking forward to the sequel (besides the VR game)?

1 Like

Pretty pumped for the sequel (hopefully) arriving next year. Completed this one rather recently; badge please!

1 Like

I would like my merit badge for beating this game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I completed this game a long time ago and had a blast with the bizarre worlds. The characters were a lot of fun too and memorable. One of my favorite themes was the Waterloo World since I liked the board game theme!

1 Like

I finished this just recently and it was so much fun after years of not playing 3D platformers. I loved them back in the day, still love them!

1 Like

Hi:

I have completed the game and I just found out about this badge. If possible, could you please provide me with the badge itself.

Thank you.

~ Prin

1 Like

Finished a long time ago, amazing game! Can I have the badge please?

1 Like

There sure are a lot of good games in Backlog Attack!

I don’t even remember how I first learned about Psychonauts. My first memory of it was watching the Zero Punctuation review talking about how great it is, and feeling vindicated that I was right. It is great. I’m pretty sure I also knew it was connected to Tim Schafer. But beyond that…

Then, when I met Andi, she played it and also thought it was good. I’m pretty sure I found a boxed copy in a Big Lots and bought it for her after I’d been raving about how good it was.

In retrospect, the game certainly has flaws, and I don’t know how excited I am for a Psyconauts 2 any more; but my kids still enjoy it, and it probably laid the groundwork for my oldest to get way into Hat in Time.

Badge, please!

1 Like

Great game - made me remember what I love about 3D platformers. Excited to pick up the sequel sometime soon when I have the time.

1 Like

I played it with some doubts but totally loved it, my favorite game from the Original Xbox.

1 Like

Completed in PS2.
Really loved this one!

1 Like

Beat it on Xbox a long ago but I still see the Meat Circus in my nightmares.

1 Like