Grouvee’s Official Animal Crossing: New Horizons Discussion Thread and General Hangout

Oh I saw the toilet thing earlier on Kotaku.

1 Like

So when new people move in, you have to prep for them. I completely prepped today for three new residents. We’ll see if they all move in tomorrow.

2 Likes

Interesting. What does the prep entail?

1 Like

For anyone who played AC: Pocket Cap, you can obtain Pocket Camp furniture and clothing items in New Horizons if you already have linked or plan to link Pocket Camp to your Nintendo account.

2 Likes

You have to choose a place for their house and craft them six pieces of furniture, 3 interior and 3 exterior. It seems that only one moves in per day.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to getting that!

1 Like

Could always dig up a tree and then put it back where it was. Hulk smash! Hulk fix!

2 Likes

Had a really productive day in Twinberry:
-The museum and store opened up, so I could finally get rid of the boxes cluttering my beach.
-I paid off my first house
-I built a bridge
-I got a ladder, so I can finally access my whole island
-I prepped three house for new residents

I really love this game. It is such a constant source of joy. If only my face wasn’t constantly busted up from wasp attacks.

5 Likes

Today my museum opened and I filled it with the huge pile of donations. My first new resident moved in. Bianca. I discovered curtains, I drew myself some eyebrows, and got the phone case designer kit. Now I can spend an entire day agonising over what to put on my phone.

2 Likes

Oh yes, two important things:

1 you can run slightly faster than the tarantula so get it to chase you and give yourself enough space to switch to net and catch it

2 it is possible to catch the wasps with the net before they get you but it is VERY hard

2 Likes

Oh my god I love the museum. It’s so perfect. I’ve never wanted to collect everything in a game as much as I want to now!

4 Likes

So Nook says three people are joining my island. I’m really not keen on random animals joining. I have a set list I want to join and it seems like this game is trying to thwart that.

2 Likes

Yep. I set up three homes but only one moved in. Guess I’m going to have to be a patient gamer

1 Like

Yes it does that. In New Leaf they just turned up and plonked their house anywhere they liked and you had no say in it. At least in New Horizons you get to interview a few at random. The best way to make sure you get the ones you want, though, is to buy Amiibo cards for them. I have a few lined up for when I unlock visitors.

1 Like

I saw that people have been catching coelocanth by using fish bait. I tried it. Caught… an anchovy.

4 Likes

So is it too late to do that if I’m already setting up three houses?

1 Like

You won’t have the ability to scan amiibo yet so for now just go with it.

1 Like

Wasps are easy to catch if shaking trees, just make sure you have a net in your hand and shake from the front. They take a second to start chasing so you can just turn and swing your net.
If you get wasps while using an axe, then you’re mostly out of luck. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I see.

Ok so the cards come six in a pack, correct? If I want one villager from series 1 and one from series 3 I have to hope I get lucky with the cards, is that right?

1 Like

I always have the axe lol

1 Like