Grouvee Game Club

I doubt either of mine will end up being the choice. Both are pretty limited on access

1 Like

I found emulating Illbleed difficult. Harder than emulating other Dreamcast games for some reason. I am for emulated titles though, it can make it more accessible to some.

2 Likes

Hmm, weird. I thought about playing it this year but havent got around to it. Maybe ill see if i can emulate it with some luck.

1 Like

Loved Tangle Tower. Definitely recommend it.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to try this series but I wanna start with the first one like a nerd.

1 Like

I would like to nominate the first Resident Evil (doesn’t matter which version). If it wins, I’ll personally be playing the 2002 remaster which is available on all modern consoles and PC.

I would also like to nominate the first Diablo which I don’t believe is officially available anywhere but I think emulating it is rather easy. I know this isn’t technically a horror game but it should be.

1 Like

It ran fine for me on Redream, for what it’s worth. (I almost never have any trouble with Dreamcast games on Redream.)

2 Likes

I got it working, it was just a bit finicky in RetroArch. It worked better in Redream.

1 Like

The Director’s cut of the PSX version is also available on PS+ Premium.

I have the remaster on GCN, might have it on PS4.

2 Likes

You can buy it on GoG or Blizzard, or you can check out the DevilutionX project which is a rebuild of the game’s source code and can run on Windows, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch (with CFW) or Android.

2 Likes

Well poop. I was a little pirate for nothin.

I mean, you pirated from Blizzard so does it really count?

3 Likes

I know it’s not horror, but what about Constume Quest?

2 Likes

Honestly, if it’s Halloween related, I’m okay with it. Tis the season. I’m just a coward so I wanted some motivation to actually play something horror. If that changes anybody’s answers, go ahead and make your edits now, haha.

2 Likes

Does Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew count? It seems spooky, with undead pirates. I just got it for 49% off, which is its historical low, over at GamersGate (completely unrelated to GamerGate and existed first).

3 Likes

I love costume quest. I play that every couple years anyway. Both of them, though thw second one is a little less good i think.

Also fun fact if you go into the camping store in the second area, it plays the wilderness theme from Psychonauts

3 Likes

At this point, let’s just say horror is an optional genre and go with whatever. I don’t think anyone really minds. But you’ve also suggested three games so far so you’ll have to take your pick…

1 Like

Silent Hill 2 and Shadow Gambit are my official submissions.

1 Like

Alright. The final poll has arrived. Remember you only have three votes this time!

• Silent Hill 2 (PS2/PS3, OG Xbox/360, PC, emulation)
  • Tangle Tower (PS4, XB1, Switch, Apple Arcade/macOS, PC)
  • Blue Stinger (Dreamcast, emulation)
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES, Genesis, PS4, XB1, Switch, PC)
  • Illbleed (Dreamcast, emulation)
  • Resident Evil (PS1/PS3/PS4, Saturn, Xbox 360/XB1, GCN/DS/Wii/Switch, PC)
  • Diablo (PS1, PC, macOS)
  • Shadow Gambit: the Cursed Crew (PS5, Xbox X|S, PC)
0 voters

I’m not a horror fan at all but I’m really looking forward to challenging my own preferences! (To be honest I only avoid the genre because I really don’t enjoy being scared lol).

I would have nominated Legacy Of Kian: Soul Reaver but it’s more action adventure. It creeped me out big time as a kid playing it on a demo disc on the PS1. I miss those days dominated by grey console colour pallettes and crunchy visuals!

3 Likes