Grouvee Food: Bites

American or U.K pigs ina? I just found out recently that theyre different, and i tend to agree if its american ones

1 Like

UK piggies. Not sure how Merica one’s differ but i find ours fatty and greasy and just not as satisfying as all the other lovely bits you get with a Christmas roast. A couple with a dinner is fine, but a plate full just feels like a heart attack dished up.

1 Like

Ours are wrapped in a croissant and baked. Sometimes with cheese. If i understand the u.k. ones are wrapped in bacon

1 Like

Correct. And that US style sounds good. Like a cheesy sausage roll.

1 Like

Kinda yea, but they all use crappy store bought crossaints and im not a fan. I want real fluffy ones.

2 Likes

A hot croissant with a bit of butter on sounds pretty good right now.

I just ate a home made cheese scone. Far better than a pig wrapped in… more pig.

2 Likes

Christmas (in the sense that they were made for Christmas) Cinnamon Rolls

5 Likes

I’ve never been a fan. I’m picky about pastry and really don’t enjoy a lot of English or American pastry. In North America they are particularly uninteresting to me because many people make them with Pillsbury crescent rolls which tend to be very stodgy.

1 Like

Exactly what i mean. Those pilsbury crossaint rolls suck

1 Like

You’re already elevating them by calling them croissants :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My wife will correct me if I call them croissants. “They’re crescent rolls.”

1 Like

As she should, as she should.

Baked crab mac n cheese

6 Likes

Toddler: “Cake!”

Me: “No. You’ve already had a cupcake from nana. It was big. Too much sugar”

Toddler: “Cake!!”

Nana: “oh, I’m sorry, daddy has said no. I would but…”

Me: “… How about a crumpet?”

Nana: “Yes! Would you like another crumpet will chocolate spread?”

Me: sigh (No!)

They were feeding him chocolate right before bed last night. Then calling him a terror for not wanting to sleep. I’m tired and while i should be grateful to be a guest, I kind of want to go home… neither me or the child can live on junk food alone…

4 Likes

Bored out of my mind as the in laws watch endless, awful episodes of Alaska: The Last Frontier on Discovery channel… is this purgatory!?

At least I have profita rolls.

5 Likes

Sounds very much like my in-laws. I usually fall asleep playing phone games, they are the most boring people in the world. I usually don’t have fancy sweets, though, so good job on that front.

2 Likes

now i am hungary and need to eat those cookies

1 Like

Fried pork chops, garlic butter green beans and shrooms, and loaded baked tater with a mixed berry daiquiri on the side

5 Likes

I love the garlic butter you added. Plus it looks healthy and delicious.

3 Likes

I’ve been gifted a fruitcake. How do I prepare it?