Grouvee Food: Bites

I’ve only been to Philadelphia once and didn’t have a chance to try one. I’ve always been curious.

1 Like

Theyre delicious, and honestly pretty easy to make. Just a few ingredients, and it only took like 20 min to prep and cook.

1 Like

How’d you go for your cheese- traditional or real cheese?

1 Like

Cheez whiz baby! Im a traditionalist. I dont change the formula

1 Like

Haha I don’t think I’ve ever had one with the whiz (not allowed in Philadelphia for this reason), but I’ve had many with various other authentic not authentic cheeses.

I’ve become a fan of the chopped cheese in recent times!

1 Like

Chopp cheese are good too, more customizable ill admit. I once had a standoff with some lady who tried to get me to add bacon to my cheesesteak at her little resturant. Tried to tell me it made it better, and ill admit, its bacon, but i couldnt do it

3 Likes

These forum posts are making me way too hungary

2 Likes

The hope is that it gets you hungry and ready to do some cooking/baking yourself

I made Sohla El-Waylly’s Rainbow Rave Cookies with my kids.

I felt like I was using too many m&m’s throughout, but ended feeling like I coulda used even more!

4 Likes

Cute. Nicely done as well. They look perfectly executed.

2 Likes

I love her but these cookies were not it for me. But I’m not a fan of crazy sweet things.

3 Likes

Oh yea, you really gotta be okay with “sweet” as a flavor. I made these with my 6 and 3 year old. These are the perfect flavor for them.

3 Likes

Made a Christmas LASAGNA

6 Likes

Does it have festive ingredients? Or is it a Christmas lasagna because it was made for Christmas Day?

4 Likes

I only remember this thread when I’m half way through eating something interesting. How do you guys remember to post?

Side note: Please imagine the turkey, roast potato, sage and onion stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, pigs in blankets, and mountain of veg, some grown on my auntie in laws farm that i have just eaten. And my 2 year old’s face covered in custard.

3 Likes

Just because it was made for Christmas

I received a Street Fighter cookbook too

1 Like

Not Street Fighter, but your comment made me think of this Mortal Kombat video;

Cooking with Scorpion

1 Like

When I was a kid we always used to have lasagna at our big extended family dinner on Christmas Day. Plus turkey, and ham and pierogies and kielbasa, among other things. So I do love me some Christmas lasagna.

3 Likes

Nothing says the birth of the Christ like a heeping helping of of pasta casserole

The mother in law has cooked another big plate of pigs in blankets and i can feel my arteries clogging and my skin going greasy just looking at it.

Pigs in blankets are overrated. Perhaps that is one of those “hot takes” the kids on YouTube like to make for the clicks.

1 Like