Grouvee Food: Bites

Made a pretty good spur of the moment grilled sammich. Roma tomato, baby bella mushrooms, black forest ham, smokehouse chedder and baby swiss, yum sauce on brioche

3 Likes

What’s yum sauce?

1 Like

Sorta like japanese mayo…crossed with fry sauce? Im not sure exactly what to classify it…but i use it alot.

2 Likes

Birthday cake

7 Likes

Yaaaoooooo!!! Thats sick. Love it

3 Likes

Made these compost cookies with the girls.

3 Likes

How can everyone make cookies that are still cookies once out of the oven? Every single time I bake some, they all turn into a single giant, humongous cookie the size of the oven tray.

2 Likes

Im not hearing a problem here… lol

2 Likes

Chilling your dough can help because it reduces spreading. You can either chill the dough in the fridge before portioning onto the cookie sheet, or you can roll the dough into balls and then chill them in the freezer for a few minutes (ten minutes or so can work). Other things that can help: line your baking sheet with parchment paper, reduce the quantity that you bake on a single sheet at a time.

3 Likes

You gotta watch the size. Like I will probably end up making six batches of these cookies because I can only make 12 per sheet pan without them becoming cookie bars.

Also, chill your dough. That way it will cook while it is in more of a ball shape instead of melting into mush.

Lastly, you can fix your cookies right out of the oven. While they are still gooey, you can take a big round glass and shake it back into an aesthetically pleasing circle. I did that with a couple of these cookies and even saved them from combining into a double long cookie.

2 Likes

There are upsides for sure. “I’m on a diet, I’ll just have one cookie today”.

4 Likes

I joke about the serving sizes on packages often. 1 serving is 6 chips…is it? Is it though?

3 Likes

Getting to know each other through food, let’s test the old adage “Olives, you either love 'em or hate 'em!”

Olives: food of the gods, or naw?
  • They sure are yummy!!!
  • Ewwwwwww!!!
0 voters
1 Like

I used to live in Spain, and I used to say that Spain will turn any olive hater into an olive lover. The variety of flavours and textures of various Spanish olives are to die for. I used to buy olives for next to nothing at the market and I miss it every day since I moved away :sob:

3 Likes

I should’ve known my ex and I weren’t compatible when they told me they hated olives. :sob:

3 Likes

I don’t hate olives, but I just don’t like the taste of most vegetables and certain fruits (like olives).

And yes, I’m aware I have the palate of a child. My friends make fun of this all the time LOL

A couple years back, I remember asking for a BLT burger, and asking them to remove the lettuce and tomato. I cringe whenever I remember that story HAHA

4 Likes

It’s ok, people like what they like.

I will say that sometimes the quality of produce can really affect how much people enjoy it. Long distance transit and out-of-season produce can really hurt the flavour of fruits and vegetables. I always enjoy things more when they are local and in-season. Also, for fruit, eaten at room temperature. Refrigeration and low temperatures suppress the flavour of fruit. They usually taste much better at room temp.

On another note, Filipino cuisine is full of fruit, so you must like something, no?

2 Likes

I actually loveeeee fruit! But it’s just certain fruits I don’t like such as cherries since I associate them with cough medicine.

I have a sweet tooth so any fruit that leans towards sweet rather than tart or sour is what I typically prefer. I also typically hate bitter foods. There’s a Filipino dish that most older Filipinos love and it’s essentially just bittermelon stew. That’s one dish that I absolutely loathe haha

2 Likes

Bitter flavours tend to be more enjoyable as you age because your tastebuds actually dull over time, and things like bitter tastes mellow out, but also tend to stand out over subtle flavours.

2 Likes

A good community of olive lovers, I see

4 Likes