Grouvee Food: Bites

Big fan of pierogis

4 Likes

Those cookies look delicious.

1 Like

Me too. My mom makes the best pierogis. Though I am weird I like meat pierogis mostly and patato.

2 Likes

I love meat pierogis but my favourite is probably sauerkraut and mushroom. Although potato is classic, and I like it, it’s probably my least favourite. Especially potato and cheddar. That just doesn’t work for me. It’s got to be cottage cheese for me.

I grew up eating a lot of Polish food because one of my closest friends is Polish. Also all my cousins are half Ukrainian so I had a lot of Ukrainian food, which is often similar, growing up. And my father’s side of my family is Croatian, so I was pretty immersed in a lot of Slavic cuisines as a kid.

2 Likes

I’m also a big fan of pączkis and make sure to grab a dozen every Fat Tuesday.

1 Like

Have you guys had Filipino food before?? If so, what are your thoughts on my home country’s cuisine?

2 Likes

I adore Filipino food. I used to work in a store beside a Filipino store when I was in high school and the woman who ran it would feed me so much Filipino food every time I came in to buy anything. Last year my partner actually took me for Filipino food for my birthday for kamayan with the full spread of seafood, grilled meats and so on. After that we had leche flan and silvanas for desert.

2 Likes

Nice nice! My mom makes a killer Leche Flan! I need to post a photo here the next time she makes some!

Kamayan (or Boodle Fight) is a great experience! Would recommend everyone here to also try it

2 Likes

Making lamb loin chops, kind of a pot roast type deal. I did potatoes, carrots, celery, shorromms, onion, basil, tyme, beef broth, red wine and garlic. Kinda just threw stuff togather.

4 Likes

That looks really delicious!!!

Behold, a vegan oreo cupcake.

7 Likes

All this pickle and hot dog / sausage talk on the main site is making me hungry.

I picked up some Serbian Sremska from Starky’s this past weekend. And while it’s not quite the same as Croatian Slavonski Kulen or Baranjski Kulen that I grew up eating, it’s close in flavour due to the use of similar spices. Brings back fond memories, lol!

3 Likes

I’d also kill for some Weißwuascht/Weißwurst right about now (yes, I know it’s a morning snack, but I would still kill for some).

klassische-weisswuerste-414602 (1)

In Switzerland (Basel/Bâle) I used to eat a variation on Weißwurst that was made with a larger casing, so the sausage itself had a larger radius. Usually you’d be given a section of the sausage, instead of a whole sausage given the overall size was quite large. Everything else about it was like a traditional Bavarian Weißwurst. It was also served with a dark rye instead of a pretzel. As far ass I know they still called it Weißwurst.

3 Likes

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/07/the-second-unofficial-zelda-cookbook-has-already-smashed-its-kickstarter-goal

2nd Zelda cookbook! Did anyone try the first?

Not that one… ive got another one that ive only made one dish from, its recipies seem of a much higher skill level than i was expecting when i bought it…

1 Like

Look! Another one!

Clearly selling on the novelty but at least it looks like proper recipes by people who actually know what they are doing and have a passion.

1 Like

Awe man! I should have remembered to take photos of all the food I ate when I went to the Night Market (basically a place where all sorts of Asian food vendors gather)!

Highlights:
Birria Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Chicken Lollipops
Footlong Fries
Bao Bun dessert

Very costly, but it was all tasty!

bun-ube-3D

3 Likes

What are your standards? I make about four dishes with regularity that my kids love, but am trying to add to my repertoire for my own sake. Plus the more I cook, the less my wife has to cook which will ultimately be a plus for me.* I regularly make-

• Mac + Cheese

• Chicken Tinga

• Burgers + Hot Dogs

• Biscuits, Bacon, Eggs (I’ll switch biscuits out for waffles, pancakes, or rosti)

I thought about doing a butter chicken but my grocery store doesn’t carry some of the more adventurous spices, and my wife does a chicken shawarma recipe in regularity and I think that might be enough chicken recipes for now…

*My wife is a great cook but she’ll be happy if she cooks less which I like as a person who loves her.

We pretty regularly do pot roasts, and ill do fried cabbage and bacon with polish sausage or reubens pretty frequently. My girlfriend likes to be the littlest adult sometimes and makes chicken nuggets and mac n cheese, with a glass of wine. She also will do stuffed chicken breasts or pork chops every couple weeks. tend to kinda wing it when i cook, so i more often end doing some variation of italian, asian, occasional greek, spanish or american.

Edit: bbq pulled pork. Thats a common one too…we cook porkloin in the crockpot until it easily shreds, then add sauce. Goes woth a bunch of stuff, pretty easy to cook

1 Like

this looks delicious

1 Like