Grouvee Food: Bites

Big fan of pierogis

3 Likes

Those cookies look delicious.

1 Like

Me too. My mom makes the best pierogis. Though I am weird I like meat pierogis mostly and patato.

1 Like

I love meat pierogis but my favourite is probably sauerkraut and mushroom. Although potato is classic, and I like it, it’s probably my least favourite. Especially potato and cheddar. That just doesn’t work for me. It’s got to be cottage cheese for me.

I grew up eating a lot of Polish food because one of my closest friends is Polish. Also all my cousins are half Ukrainian so I had a lot of Ukrainian food, which is often similar, growing up. And my father’s side of my family is Croatian, so I was pretty immersed in a lot of Slavic cuisines as a kid.

2 Likes

I’m also a big fan of pączkis and make sure to grab a dozen every Fat Tuesday.

1 Like

Have you guys had Filipino food before?? If so, what are your thoughts on my home country’s cuisine?

2 Likes

I adore Filipino food. I used to work in a store beside a Filipino store when I was in high school and the woman who ran it would feed me so much Filipino food every time I came in to buy anything. Last year my partner actually took me for Filipino food for my birthday for kamayan with the full spread of seafood, grilled meats and so on. After that we had leche flan and silvanas for desert.

2 Likes

Nice nice! My mom makes a killer Leche Flan! I need to post a photo here the next time she makes some!

Kamayan (or Boodle Fight) is a great experience! Would recommend everyone here to also try it

2 Likes

Making lamb loin chops, kind of a pot roast type deal. I did potatoes, carrots, celery, shorromms, onion, basil, tyme, beef broth, red wine and garlic. Kinda just threw stuff togather.

1 Like