Game Room Pictures

My shelves are a bit of a mess due to running out of room. I’m hoping to build some more shelves this spring, but my setup won’t be truly optimal until I’m in a house and not an apartment.

1 Like

Wow! I can’t believe this thread is back from the dead! I’ll need to post some of my pics. Here’s a recent one I posted on the main site.

6 Likes

Image of games is blurry when uploaded, so here’s a link instead. https://tinyurl.com/yy6ap9zc

2 Likes

These are some cool collections. Not going to lie, I’m glad I switched primarily to digital from a space point of view, but it means I don’t have much to show and most of my consoles are currently in boxes.

1 Like

That is a thing of beauty! Nice collection.

2 Likes

It was on my Gamestop wish list for about a year, but it finally popped up as in stock the other day! The newest addition to my setup!

3 Likes

What is that little device?

1 Like

PlayStation TV (basically a Vita in a box). Want one? Mine is sitting in a box, lol.

It’s neat, but a lot of what made it worthwhile at first is gone. The Netflix app doesn’t work, even though there was one that worked on the Vita. Sony killed PS Now support for it, and a lot of games simply won’t play on it. While it’s understandable for some due to touch controls, there are other that technically do work but Sony disabled (Uncharted is one). There was a hack to get around that, and I used it for a while, but Sony patched a solution and I don’t think anyone bothered to find a workaround.

They were giving them away at the end of their life. I think you could pick the kit up, which came with The Lego Movie Game (terrible) and a DualShock 3 controller, for less than you could pick up the game or the DualShock controller on their own. The Vita, in all its forms, has gone through some sad times.

1 Like

On the plus side, one thing the PS TV is good for is as a PS4 remote play box (for now).

1 Like

It’s also a good system for playing PS1 games on your TV if you don’t have your PS3 hooked up anymore.

2 Likes

I ran out of HDMI ports on my TV. I had the PS4, PS3 and Will U connected. When I picked up a Chromecast I had to disconnect one of them. So I disconnected the PS3. Then I got the Switch and out went the Wii U. Now when I want to use either I have to unplug something else. It’s all very sad. And while I know I can get an HDMI switch, I can’t find a reliable one with HDMI-CEC support.

This is a contributing factor to why so many of my consoles are packed away. Need more ports :frowning:

1 Like

I got it mostly for the girlfriend, as she’ll love being able to play her Vita library on the tv. I’m also looking forward to Persona 4 Golden on the big screen. Hard to justify at the current $100 dollar price they normally go for, but I was happy to grab it for $30. A new exploit is in the works that works with the most current firmware, supposed to come out later this year. With that Im looking forward to being able to ignore the compatability list, and playing PSP backups on the TV.

2 Likes

Aw, even PS TV got messed up? I still like my Vita but something went wrong with the handheld in terms of marketing or licensing for studios. I’m sure we talked about this a bunch of times but either way it bears repeating.

2 Likes

PS TV got messed up?

1 Like

Yeah, because the PS TV is basically a Vita with additional limitations, it is subject to the same issues as the Vita itself, with an even earlier decommission date. All the same, if you have a second TV somewhere in your home, it is a great way to play PS4 games on that second TV through streaming.

1 Like

This is what my Game Room looked like previously, I will add the new photos soon. Those are funko pops, plush characters, multiples consoles and a 65” LED TV.

7 Likes

Beautiful! Neat, well organized, awesome TV and comfy rug. Dude, that looks awesome!

1 Like

Oooh! I want to participate in this!

We bought a house a few years back and one of my priorities was having my own office where I could put all my nerd stuff. It took me about a year and a half to get everything how I want it but I’m really happy with where it is now. All of my consoles are upstairs in my living room. I used to stream which is why my games are down here. My office is in our “basement” but I wouldn’t really call it a basement because our house is built on a hill and it’s about half underground. Hence the window.

The couch is usually underneath the picture but this was taken mid-Winter and the heaters were on. Also, dog tax because Luna wanted to be included.

13 Likes

Wow, really nice! Thanks for sharing! I would clutter that place up so fast lol
Awesome computer setup. My office is significantly smaller and on the second floor. It’s become more of an art and music room but I have various nerd things I’m into.

There’s a dresser I modified and painted to store my MTG cards, a book shelf for comics, books, video games, and various items I enjoy looking at.

I really like your office, looks like a nice place to spend a few hours!

3 Likes

clarque wins. the vault tec theme for a man cave did it. even has the dog, lol

2 Likes