Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

Likely one of the admins.

1 Like

Yeah, I went in and removed some of the box art that was uploaded a long time ago on those. Giant Bomb must have had bad box art initially, so we probably uploaded something in its place. Once we upload something, that takes precedence over Giant Bomb’s data. That’s why it wouldn’t update with their uploads.

Welcome back!

3 Likes

I think part of the review form should be selecting which platform the game was played on. Many games, especially older ones, can be very different experiences and quality depending on the platform its played on.

2 Likes

Hate to say it, but the bad box art is back on the Last of Us. Not sure what’s going there. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks fine here. I just re-uploaded the same art with a different filename. I had a problem with art that had the same filename once. Might just be a broswer/cache issue.

1 Like

https://www.giantbomb.com/the-last-of-us/3030-36989/ this is the official box art. Still shows up as a weird poster here.

1 Like

Ours is slightly different than the official artwork. I’ll get it switched back around.

2 Likes

Hey @peter, i have yet another feature request. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the frontpage would be much more useful if it would highlight posts about games you have on your shelves. It would be even better if there were options like highlighting games in your backlog or on your wishlist in a different way.

2 Likes

hey @peter whats up? While I dont comment daily now. I just wanted to say I still use your site probably pretty much every day. To think that this site u made is always up in a pinned tab like gmail or something, lol. Why, it probably is for a lot of people and I thought you should be told that! :smiley:

I always try to check for all new games that comes out and wish list the ones I feel I want to play. Tend to do that like once a week or every two weeks. A while back I had mentioned some sort of weekly newsletter idea to help with the shelf maintenance. (for people who tend to forget statuses and leave things checked ‘playing’) Same idea. The starring system helps prioritize the wishlist jungle but it getting big! A man’s work is never done. :cowboy_hat_face:

I noticed yesterday elements were repositioned for at least some things (like the HLTB style playdata) Not sure all of what was changed. But I think it looks great. Really sharp looking game pages now probably looks excellent on all kinds of platforms.

I’m going to claim some badges. I’ve played a lot of them and its tripping up my OCD to not see them all claimed. Any way we can have claimed badges move to the top so everything unclaimed is at bottom? (Moving Backlog Badges to be displayed on User profiles or game pages on main site somehow would be great way to get people into the forums, too ya know.:wink: )

2 Likes

Thank you @GigaDeathNullGolem! I love reading stuff like this.

I like that newsletter/reminder email idea. It might nudge a few more people to come back and update things.

I did move some stuff around on the game pages. I mostly did it so that the game info would be towards the top of the page on mobile. It had the added affect of making the pages just look better too!

I do have the badges showing on your profile page currently. I don’t know if that’s what you’re talking about, or if you’re thinking of a better way to do it. Right now I just have the badges tab. peter's Badges on Grouvee is mine.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve kicked around the idea of a journal entry system. What you described is what it would be for the most part. You’d basically just create an entry when you played a game. You could put on there how long you played if you wanted, and I suppose what time of day you played. I’d also probably have a section for notes on what you did during the session. It seems like it’d be a useful thing to have if you wanted to keep track of how many sessions you’ve played a game, and what you did during the sessions. It’s probably more of a feature that would be suited for a mobile app, but I do plan on trying to build it for the site someday.

2 Likes

I’d like to request a “link” column for our shelves. It would be convenient to be able to add a link, say for a page to buy the game, or to a guide for the game.

1 Like

+1 for this

In the meantime, I would like to request for the private status updates to show up on each user’s profile page and not just on the game’s main page, so one could use it as an easy to access makeshift progress journal.

1 Like

The private statuses should show up on your profile page. They’re only visible to you, but they should be there. Are you having issues with it?

1 Like

I am having an issue then, because the private status updates only show up on the main game page.

For example, for Downwell I have one private status update and it shows up for me on the main game page under “My Last 3 Updates for Downwell”. But there is absolutely nothing on the page linked underneath - See all your updates for Downwell - and consequently there are no private status updates shown on the general Status Updates page in my profile, only the public ones.

1 Like

Hmm. I definitely broke something somewhere along the way. I will figure this out.

2 Likes

OK. I figured it out. Activities weren’t getting created for private statuses. I don’t know how long it’s been going on, but it’s probably been a while. I’ll have to see if I can create activities so that they’ll show up in your feed. All new activities should work though. Let me know if they don’t. I’ll get to work on that activity creation thing.

2 Likes

Newly created private statuses show up in my feed now. Thanks, peter!

1 Like

Check your profile now. All the other private statuses you did should show up. Let me know if you see any issues. Thanks for pointing this out! I can’t believe I haven’t noticed it.

3 Likes

hello! I’m glad private statuses are showing up on our profiles again, thank you :slight_smile:
As I was updating some (private) statuses, I noticed that more than one of them is showing up out of order.

i posted one “just now” but in my profile it’s showing up between 2 posts from “1 hour ago”, and a few more from 50 minutes ago are showing up in between posts from 1 hour ago.

The status updates seem fine in /userprofile/status but out of order on /userprofile

2 Likes