I’ve fixed this, and I think I fixed the image issue I’ve been having in general.
I discovered a weird bug in the Giant Bomb API (which is where I get all this data). I have an update script that runs every few hours, and it gets a list of games back from Giant Bomb. That call that gives you back the list of games gives you some data for each of the game, including the list of box art images. There is also a call I make for each game that is a detailed call that gives me all of the data for a particular game. That detailed call also gets back the list of box art images. The image lists should obviously match, so it shouldn’t matter which image list you use, but they weren’t matching. The images that came back from the list call were wrong sometimes. I reported this to Giant Bomb, and switched over to using the details image list. It seems to be fixing a ton of these broken images.
This makes me happy
Let me know if you see other broken images, because my script only downloads game data for games that have been edited in the last few days on Giant Bomb, and if a game has a broken image from a long time ago, it isn’t getting updated unless I go in and manually do it.