Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

We didn’t get hacked, but these spammers have figured out how to get crappy css code past my HTML filter code. I’ve got samples of their comments, and I’m figuring out how to get fix up my stuff so they can’t do it anymore.

Everything should be back to normal right now.

1 Like

Glad it’s back to normal! :slight_smile: We must be the target market for aggressive jacket and watch sales :wink:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’ve fixed the issue that the Spambot was getting through. I’m a little embarrassed actually. When I moved Grouvee over to the new backend infrastructure, I had to update the comments code I was using. I left one little line of code out that would clean up crappy comments and keep javascript and other bad HTML out. Oops!

1 Like

I am sure you have enough on your plate, but just wanted to give you a heads up that the truncation (or missing text) issue persists. I know you mentioned a possible roll-out of a new comment system (I think you did) so it might not be priority at this point. Nonetheless, it is a strange bug and I am curious to know the cause, if you ever isolate it.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Loving the site. This site has allowed me to take a lot off memory/mind and put it down into a simple easy to follow layout. I’m now able to keep track of my gaming.

P.S.
Thank you for all your hard work Peter.

2 Likes

I’m working on adding this editor in as the editor on the main site right now, although I’ve not successfully been able to replicate the truncation bug. I’m not saying it’s not doing it in your browser, I just can’t seem to get it to do it on my end. I’m using the status box on the front page to test, and if I remember correctly you said it happens when you post anywhere, correct?

1 Like

It happens from several devices:

Chrome on Windows 7
Opera on Windows 7
iPhone running iOS 9 (latest build)
iPad running iOS 9 (latest build)
Safari on OS 10.9 and OS 10.11

1 Like

I’ll keep looking into it in the meantime. Neither my iPhone or iPad do it, and neither of my Windows 7 machines do it.

I’m just hoping that adding in the Markdown editor fixes it.

That’s just so odd though.

1 Like

So maybe this is just me but every post from the last day has disappeared. There is a gap of about a day of comments on the main Grouvee page, including comments I made. The comments exist as I can find them through my profile but they are not showing up on the main page.

1 Like

Caching issues again. It’s all back.

1 Like

I’m having an issue when it comes to verifying an email address.

Every time I click to have the email resent, I get a Server Error (500)

1 Like

That’s my fault.

Short story is that your account is older than 120 days, and I have a setting in there that is supposed to take you to a page when you attempt to resend the verification email that tells you your account is too old. That page doesn’t exist because I used to have the setting at 10 years before I did the server redeploy. I changed it back to 10 years because I don’t see any reason for it to be so short.

Try it again and let me know if there’s any more issues.

2 Likes

You are a rockstar! Thanks, man!

1 Like

I’ve added the box art. Thanks!

1 Like

The ability to create a custom order for your backlog (I realize paging makes this a little more difficult).

1 Like

If you go to the shelf page, there’s a little button at the top that says “enable sorting.” Click that and you can reorder the shelf to your heart’s content!

1 Like

Trails of cold steel II artwork is returning a 403 error code.

2 Likes

I would like to see a way to discover new games that I haven’t added to any of my lists before.

EDIT: Like maybe add a filter options on the Games page to remove games that are in my lists. Also, maybe even add a way to remove games completely from coming up again, like games I’m sure that I will never play, or something like that.

Great service, by the way. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve fixed this, and I think I fixed the image issue I’ve been having in general.

I discovered a weird bug in the Giant Bomb API (which is where I get all this data). I have an update script that runs every few hours, and it gets a list of games back from Giant Bomb. That call that gives you back the list of games gives you some data for each of the game, including the list of box art images. There is also a call I make for each game that is a detailed call that gives me all of the data for a particular game. That detailed call also gets back the list of box art images. The image lists should obviously match, so it shouldn’t matter which image list you use, but they weren’t matching. The images that came back from the list call were wrong sometimes. I reported this to Giant Bomb, and switched over to using the details image list. It seems to be fixing a ton of these broken images.

This makes me happy :slight_smile:

Let me know if you see other broken images, because my script only downloads game data for games that have been edited in the last few days on Giant Bomb, and if a game has a broken image from a long time ago, it isn’t getting updated unless I go in and manually do it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Peter, came across this site looking for a better way to track my games i’ve played over 40+ years rather than a note on my desktop lol…

Love the site. my 16 y/o son was excited when i showed it to him and right now he’s furiously adding all the games he’s played and rating them.

Love the wish list!

ONE SUGGESTION: ALLOW MEMBERS TO UPLOAD SCREENSHOTS TO A GAME TITLE FOR ALL TO SEE - MANY MANY IMAGES MISSING - it can be hard to jog the old memory whether or not i’ve played a game before.

Best of luck!

2 Likes