Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

I just got sent to:

http://click.bounceads.net/click.php?ID=trillmstrcpi2&sub=trillmstrcpi2&S2=w9CMQEA8AP6C50NHGQI71H3I

for typing in Resistance 2…

?

1 Like

Not having that problem over here. Unless there is an element of randomness, I’d say you got some malware redirecting you.

Install avast for free and do a scan.

1 Like

I’m googling around, and it looks like it’s another Adsense problem.

The first time it happened, Google fixed it pretty quick. You can read about it here if you want:

I’ll keep looking into it. If it doesn’t go away quickly, Adsense is coming down.

Keep posting here if it continues to happen. I don’t think there’s anything inherently “unsafe” about all this. It’s just annoying spammy redirects by people who are breaking the Adsense platform.

1 Like

Definitely not a malware problem on my end, just bought and set this computer up, and this is one of the first websites I’ve used lol

1 Like

It’s not malware. I’m reading about it on a bunch of other sites. If you just google softwareupdaterlp adsense you’ll see a bunch of forum posts. I can’t believe that Google hasn’t fixed this yet.

1 Like

Oh my bad, I just know I had a problem similar to this about a year back and it ended up being something a family member did.

Yeah that is weird. You would think google would be on top of issues like this.

1 Like

Hello!
Chiming in to say good show on creating this thing; having already begun tracking my movie-watching (through letterboxd) and reading (through goodreads) I made a new year’s resolution to do the same for my games, and my search for a similar site… led here! Huzzah!

So then, a beginner’s question: Does this site have a timeline/diary function? I couldn’t see an option to sort by date completed, which I have to say would be much more useful than sorting by date added.

Cheers!
Fredrik

2 Likes

This feature isn’t there currently, but it’s on the list now.

2 Likes

On top of that, I think it’d be nice if we could leave notes/comments next to the games added to our shelves. For example, I’d like to be able to make a note to myself that I beat a game on hard mode, collected all 100 stars, got all the trophies, or whatever.

4 Likes

HI. I think it would be a cool feature if you can pick what platform you own a game on. Right now I just made custom shelves but it would be helpful in the wishlist category. A quick example would be a selector that shows I own minecraft on xbox and pc but would like it on ps vita.

2 Likes

Hi Peter and the rest of the groove community,

First off the visual update looks great! This site just keeps getting better and has a fairly active forum and this is why I decided to go with Grouvee over Darkadia (they haven’t responded to 2 of my emails that I sent 3 weeks ago). That being said I still prefer the Darkadia layout, more specifically, the options you have when looking at your shelves. There is a wooden shelf layout where you can see your collections via box art shelves, a listed box art view and a no box art list view. This is a function I would very much like to see in Grouvee… is there any chance his could make the features list.

Keep up the great work Peter!

2 Likes

The feature is going to change a little bit, but you can currently go to a game’s page that you have on your shelves and click the Edit Shelf Details link. That will bring up a dialog that will let you select platforms on a per shelf basis. The part that will be changing is the per shelf basis. It’s going to end up being a dialog where you can specify what platforms you have the game for, how many copies you have, time played, etc. I hadn’t thought of putting a wish list platforms section. Maybe we’ll try it out and see if people like it.

1 Like

I’m definitely still working on the collection pages. I love Darkadia and Gog’s wooden shelf looks for viewing your collection, but I kind of feel wrong just stealing them. That being said, I am working on a couple of different views for the collections. I’m working on a compact view, a cover art view, and an update to the full table view I’ve got going right now. I will post some screens when I have something more concrete.

2 Likes

Wishlist ranking would be awesome, I often send my wishlist to friends/family so they can get stuff from it for my birthday/xmas and it would be nice to have a ranking option so they know which I would like most.

Also is there a way we can import our steam games collection? I have seen that feature on other sites, it would just be faster (I own 500+ games on steam) to import that list into a “steam” shelf, then whip through it and reorganize as required. Adding them by searching for them is taking me a LONG time and I intend to add GoG, Origin, Steam, Consoles starting with NES all the way up to ps4/xbone + any other games, so the project is already going to take me a LONG time, an shortcuts would be great!

1 Like

You can definitely add your Steam collection!

Go to Help | Grouvee and it’s the 3rd headline, How do I import games from my Steam library?

I’ve got manual sorting of shelves on my list, but I haven’t gotten to it quite yet.

1 Like

Oh sweet thanks.

Another idea I had was a notes system, so we could add notes to games like. (This might be in already but I couldn’t find it)

“I own this on GoG"
or
"Need to complete expansion"
or
"Complete Witcher 2 before playing this” (On witcher 3)
or
"Install X mod and play again"

I often forget where I got my games from, what stage of completion I left them at or what kind of things I want to do with them. Would also be neat to have this on wishlist as you could say “Gift this to me on GoG” or “Buy Physical edition please” etc. and you could provide links to the page etc.

1 Like

Hi.

Suggestion: Sort games by average rating.

It’d help finding “gems” you don’t know about for each category.

Greetings.

Edit:

Suggestion 2: Add “time played” and “level of completion” columns to “My Games” so we don’t need to click the date to see the data. It’d be interesting to be able to sort by these too.

1 Like

You can create a status message with a “private” setting if you wanted to have private notes. The notes will show up on your profile page for you only, and they’ll be on the game’s page. I don’t know if that would work for you, or if a separate notes box in a metadata dialog would be better.

1 Like

Hi @peter,

I’ve just spent a good half hour reviewing previous forum posts and your Trello list and I have a suggestion. (So hope I didn’t overlook someone previously suggesting this!)

First off, I’m not sure if my suggestion goes against your intentions for the site etc. But as the saying goes, “if you don’t ask, then you won’t get!” :wink:

Anyway, I’ve noticed that once I complete a game on my custom playing shelf and move it to my custom completed shelf the “date added” field changes. The way I’m planning on using this site is to see how long games are in my backlog etc until I’ve completed them.

Therefore would it be possible to have a “date added” and a “date updated” field on our My Game page? The “date updated” field could reflect any movements a user processes to a title. I understand that this feature might cost money to have additional time tracking. So perhaps could start small and only have a “date updated” field once games are moved from one shelf to another?

However, as mentioned earlier, if this isn’t your intentions for this site then don’t worry! I’ll find a work around lol.

If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to discuss what I mean further :smile:

P.S. I’m not sure if the date added changes when a game is moved from a default shelf to another.

2 Likes

Shelf’s within shelf’s? Something like shelf’s inside “backlog” to organize specific series?

I know I could make individual series shelf’s and put the games in them, but I would like more control and a way to group the collections of individual series together, such as all Assassins Creed games into their own shelf, then inside that have it’s own “Backlog” shelf and “Finished” shelf. Then you could take this whole AC shelf and put it with other game collections shelf’s into a larger “Series To Complete” shelf, because although certain games from the series are complete, you could see the whole series as unfinished.

Something like the following.(I wrote this like code, so it’s easier to see where each shelf starts/ends within the others, hope its clear enough).

<All Shelf’s>
<Playing>
-Witcher 3
</Playing>
<Played>
-Far Cry 4
</Played>
<Backlog>
-<Series that I want to complete>
—<Assassins Creed>
------Backlog
---------AC 2
------Wishlist
---------AC 3
------Played
---------AC1
—</Assassins Creed>
—<Halo>
------Backlog
---------Halo 4
------Wishlist
---------Halo 5
------Played
---------Halo 3
---------Halo 2
---------Halo 1
—</Halo>
-</Series that I want to complete>
-Toren
-L.A. Noire
-Watch_Dogs
</Backlog>
</All Shelf’s>

Would just help to organize large backlogs, so instead of looking at 500+ individual listed games, we could look at “Assassins creed series”, “Witcher series”, “Halo series” etc. inside our backlog folder, or in a separate list. That way we can more easily figure out which games to play next and what game in the series we last left on, which is super useful when there are 3+ games in a series (halo, AC etc.)

Just an idea, I know this could get way more complex than you probably want, I am just one of those people who likes to make lists all the time, to the point where my lists have lists, then inside those lists are smaller lists breaking down the list to make more lists xD just love organizing lol…

1 Like