A Forum to Post YouTube Videos that are Good

If this forum is popular, maybe we can split it off into a few different forums. Ones for different subjects and stuff.

If you post Nazi stuff here, everyone will boo you into oblivion.

7 Likes

I assume most folks who are moderately into video games and have access to YouTube have seen Mark Brown’s Game Maker’s Toolkit, but you know what happens when you assume… you’re wrong. So here is the 200th GMTK. Its about difficulty in Mario which is something I wrote about in my review of Wonder.

IMO, there should be an even higher pipe as I am no Kaizo player, but Wonder didn’t have the difficulty I was looking for.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this exploration of Sonic 2’s development from the Video Game History Foundation:

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I could write an essay with how many good videos I could recommend, but for the sake of brevity, these are a few of my favorites:

Highly recommend these and many more.

1 Like

Three of my favourite GMTK videos, and probably the three I reference and share the most:

4 Likes

There is something about Marks’ voice and writing coupled with their knowledge. It makes for very entertaining yet knowledgeable viewings. I love their Legend of Zelda series.

2 Likes

If you post Nazi stuff here, everyone will boo you into oblivion.
[/quote]

LOL

Postmen vs SS - YouTube

actually really good video

2 Likes

I started gaming very late in life and I had no one to teach me anything about it and with no internet access I was very much on my own, so this video resonated with me a lot AND made me realize how far I have come in gaming.

It still happens to me that I completely forget a mechanic that was teached to me in the beginning that I need to overcome a situation in the game, or that I miss a clue on the screen, but there are hundreds of things that I just assume will work a specific way now and they mostly do.

I sometimes get angry with long tutorials and handholding at the beginning of a game, but this reminded me that there are people out there that need that help.

5 Likes

The height of YouTube right here :smile:

2 Likes

Everyone talks about the Xbox and playstation2 premiere. But never the gamrecube. I present you the E3 gamecube premiere video

Nerdwriter is another YouTuber who I figure most people are aware of, but if not, he dropped a cool video about French film

3 Likes

Nerdwriter1 is a very good, and knowledgeable creator. I don’t watch their content all the time but I am never disappointed when I do. At this point, anytime I watch film analysis content, I am always reminded of the fact that Every Frame a Painting has been defunct for years now.

2 Likes

I know I’ve posted these in the Video Game Documentary thread before but I love recommending this series. It’s called Diggin’ in the Carts and is a brief history of video game music from a Japanese industry perspective. Awesome tunes:

4 Likes

what a trip

3 Likes

I wish we had more documentaries on this perspective, as I’m a bit rundown on the same stories from the same people in the “west”. I want to hear more of the truthful or as close to truthful stories from various Japanese dev’s and publishers, and of course not just Sega and Nintendo.

Nice post.

1 Like

Watched these for a class. Loved it.

2 Likes

You all might have seen this already. Messaging aside, it’s quite well done and, to me at least, emotionally devastating.

3 Likes

I may have posted this before somewhere, but I feel it’s a message that more people on the gaming community need to consider

2 Likes