What are you listening to right now?

1 Like

What did I watch/listen to and why do I like it? HALP!

3 Likes

Being German, do you know Electric Callboy? They just released a song with Babymetal that I almost posted after posting that Lady Baby song:

2 Likes

This is a lot of fun and I had no idea who ElectricCallboy is, but this is fan-RATATA-stic! Thank you!

Kawaii metal a genre I might have to look into deeper now, reading that it was developed in the 2010s I am late to the party as usual. :smiley:

2 Likes

New Vince Staples album is pretty good. His best since Big Fish Theory IMO.

2 Likes

TIL: The song above is a hit with German young adults now, because McDonalds sold a “radio” with the kids menu about 15 years ago that had this song on it and everyone goes “OMG I KNOW THIS!” in German in the comments. :smiley:

Made it on my “0n repeat” list today.

2 Likes

BandMaid is another solid Kawaii metal group.

2 Likes

Been listenting to Twenty-one Pilots new album Clancy since friday. Its… solid. Im still kind of absorbing it, and i dont think its as good as their first couple albums, but i think it might be better than the last one, Scaled and Icy which was in 2021 i believe

2 Likes

Nice seeing the “maiden” doing the music too and not only the dancing and singing parts. Slightly less kawaii and way more metal. :hugs:

3 Likes
4 Likes

This whole album just has a fantastic dark atmosphere to it that keeps me coming back, but Adaptation definitely stands out as one of my favs.

I love the Frontiers soundtrack. Just so awesome

2 Likes

Oh my god, I still haven’t posted my year end music playlist from 2022 because I can’t choose only two Sonic Frontier songs. I usually pick a maximum of two songs for every game I played to create a playlist that sonically represents my year in gaming, and my playlist still has almost every track from that game on it, tracks I keep trying to pare down to two :joy:

2 Likes

Some Schlager to brighten people’s evening up:

2 Likes

Look up far cry 5 cult radio

The start of the song is terrible and I hoped they would get run over by a bigger ship, but this ending was even better! :grin:

2 Likes

Not a fan of Schlager? :rofl:

They really nail the parody of the genre. I can’t tell you how many German LPs and singles my father’s side of family had when I was a kid that basically sounds like that. The duality of the song and video was highly entertaining for me.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Did not know this side project existed ‘til recently but I’m a big Blut aus Nord fan and this sounds pretty similar to some of their more industrial stuff.

2 Likes