What are you listening to right now?

Yeah, I’ve always tended to avoid reading too much about him, but his resume is absolutely stacked.
I’ll throw Spiderland in the mix of amazing albums he’s produced.

And, because it caught me so off guard the first time I read it, Ys, which he didn’t produce, but did record. Shows the breadth of the guy’s work.

5 Likes

Oh, you reminded me of my favorite of the lesser known GYBE/TSMZ songs

I love the video, as well. It makes me think of old WW2 films showing night bombings over Germany.

1 Like
3 Likes

WILLOW released a new album and i’ve been listening to it nonstop for 3 days

2 Likes

Holy shit what???

Damn…
What a fucking bummer.
Rest in peace to an utter legend. Hard to put into words how much he has done for music.

5 Likes

Tangentially related, but it’s really hard to move on from a breakup when music was a big part of the relationship and that music, however obscure, keeps popping up everywhere lol

4 Likes

Now in the correct place. :flushed:

My Spotify weekly decided I need to hear this and the Youtube comments completed the experience:

3 Likes

Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) re-released 03.15.20 (an album named after the day it released with almost every track named after its timecode on the album) as Atavista where every track has a proper title. Maybe a lesson for him in marketing, but an excuse for me to post the last track of the album- Final Church. Powerful, celebratory, and triumphant- Final Church is a real belt-it-out in the car song. Love it.

I hope the whole album gets a reappraisal. The whole world got fairly distracted in March of 2020 when this album came out, so hopefully it can get its flowers now.

5 Likes
4 Likes

You reminded me of this.

3 Likes

:hugs: Hobbit time! :grin:

post must be at least 20 characters

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

A lot of punk or pop punk stuff.

I’ve just been very angry and this stuff feels right.

5 Likes

Lot of good punky options there.

1 Like

Been in this mood lately

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes