What are you listening to right now?

2 Likes

I’m still in my ridiculously long and odd stage of cumbia villera. What could be better than dancing to a song about a guy whose mother died while he was in jail?

3 Likes

I’ll go to the mat for this record, I don’t care. :smiley:

6 Likes

Been revisiting this record, Kazoku Koushinkyoku. This duo’s albums are hit or miss for me, but as far as Japanese folk pop goes, there’s some magical stuff on this particular one. Also just found out Haruomi Hosono was featured on the record somewhere, which I didn’t know previously.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this song. Japanese folk pop is something I did not know existed.

I also wanted to know what she is singing about: The Lyrics Translations of Shane D. Anderson - HUMBERT HUMBERT: Ganbare Niichan (Good Luck Older Brother) apparently she has an older brother wo is “running slow and eating fast” - very relatable. :joy:

2 Likes

had to post because of the new movie that is coming out

2 Likes
2 Likes

I am enjoying the new Four Tet album. Jammy, percussive, and glitchy- the songs slide right into one another, pushing you into a zen/vibing out state. Lo-fi for sure, but the tunes run (the RPM stays relatively calm so maybe I should say “jog”) the gamut of adult contemporary, club, and rock music. This’ll definitely make its way onto some summer playlists.

3 Likes

Didn’t know what to expect since it’s almost been 20 years since their last release but this sound pretty good!

1 Like

New track from my favourite female artist, Aurora. Frikkin’ loving it!

1 Like
2 Likes

This felt good. Exactly what I needed today!

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

The whole of the Hotline Miami soundtrack.

3 Likes

Spotify

A recommendation of my Weekly Mix on Spotify. :grin:

Where was a capella science when I was still in school?

3 Likes

Me listening to Elliott Smith “Wow I think this guy might’ve been depressed!”

4 Likes

Lol good stuff

3 Likes