Update on the Grouvee Podcasts

Hi everyone.

I wanted to give you all an update on the two podcasts that we host here at Grouvee. The GrouvCast has been dark for a little while obviously. @Jess and everyone have been super busy with real life, and I’ve decided to archive the show and cancel the feed for now. I really appreciate everyone that has listened to it and taken the time to give us feedback. I hope everyone enjoyed what they heard! It was always fun for me listening to regular people talking about video games. Sometimes video game podcasts are hard for me to take everything at face value because people in the industry just have such a different perspective on video games than people who don’t have as much time to dedicate to games as they do.

As for the Game Club, I’ve talked to @headrollsoff the last little while about this, and we’ll be putting it on hold for a little while as well. This one’s on me. I don’t have a ton of time to devote to games, and I was feeling burnt out on trying to fit the Game Club game into my schedule at the end of every month. I think it’s a super cool concept, and we’re going to revisit it again in a few months possibly. This month was supposed to be Bayonetta 2, but we won’t be recording an episode for it. If anyone has ideas for how to make the show better, feel free to let us know anytime.

Thanks again for listening, and everyone have a good New Years!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Peter. I enjoyed the podcasts very much and will be sad to see them go but I understand that your life (and the rest of the hosts’) isn’t just Grouvee and video games. You have a job and other things that take up your time. You definitely do a lot for the site and if there’s anything I can do to help, let me know. I have a good grasp on computers but limited programming experience.

Happy New Year to you as well!

3 Likes

That’s a real shame, I really looked forward to listening to the podcasts when they came out, they gave “a voice” and a personality to the community. Totally understand the real life and busy thing (I’m lucky to get 3-4 hours a week free to play and do the things I love).

Would it be worth, at some stage, combining the two podcasts into one? ie first half of the show being a general discussion followed by a second half segment covering “game of the month”? (the majority of the discussion surrounding “game of the month” could continue as a dedicated forum thread). The show wouldn’t have to be too long either, but it would be good to hear your voices again!

Anyhow, all the best and I’m looking forward to whatever gets released in the future.

3 Likes

This was the biggest reason why I liked the concept of your podcast as well. Many times when I’ve listened to a gaming podcast, I’ve noticed how nitpicky some commentators can get about games when I don’t think the average person really cares.

Hey Peter (and forum)!

I just found this site the other day, and have barely even used it so far, but the podcast was one of the most exciting things I found on the site right away, which is funny considering how often you guys (Shae especially) would say stuff like “If you don’t even use the site, why are you listening to us?”

I have been looking for something to listen to at work when I’m not working on my Spotify playlists, and this fit that perfectly… for about 3 days before I got caught up. Then I realized the last one was months ago, so I was wondering what happened. This post answers that, so thank you.

I have some other podcasts I’m thinking about checking out, but it’s hard for me to jump into the middle of some that have been around so long and have a bunch of episodes. I liked that I caught this one seemingly towards the beginning so I could catch up and keep up.

The chemistry was great across all the variety of people that showed up. I really got along with a lot of what they said, but then definitely would have some contention points I would argue to myself. It looked like this round was already a reboot of the podcast, so maybe someday we will see a re-reboot! Is the original series anywhere to be found? I couldn’t find it… The whole thing really makes me interested in trying to get a podcast going with my brother or something. Wouldn’t really expect anyone to actually listen, but we can get going talking about games like crazy, like I’m sure many people can.

The Game Club idea was great too. I don’t know if I would have actually played the topic game along with the month, but I would have -wanted- to. If either ever come back, I will be right there!

Thank you for what we got in the meantime, and I look forward to digging into the rest of the site here!

3 Likes

I was actually waiting on the next episode, figured it would be out when its out. And here I am two months later wondering where it is. Finally dig and find you guys stopped! lol.

I really wanted to do more episodes, but I understand that you guys are busy. Cest la Vie. I really enjoyed listening to both of the podcasts from Grouvee.

I actually am getting together my own podcast because I’ve been wanting to do a podcast for the longest time. I’ve been listening to them for over 5 years and I really enjoy them so I’m seeing about creating one with a friend of mine.

If you guys ever want any guest speakers please let me know!

3 Likes

Bring back Grouvcast! It was amazing.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:
You’re too kind. @Jess, @headrollsoff, @Sharp, and @spigelwii are good people to listen to. Maybe it’ll return someday when I get some free time.

3 Likes

:grinning: Yayy!!! :grinning:

You guys introduced me to a bunch of cool games and made my 1 hr long commute enjoyable.

There was some noise coming out of my speakers the other day…

http://podcast.grouvee.com

2 Likes

Cool idea. sounds fun. This coming back? I’m watching something on youtube… didnt know about it until today hah.

Don’t mess with me Peter. Is it coming back for real? Seriously Grouvcast got me through many rough days/commutes. I listened to all of them (exceptions being games I haven’t completed yet eg. Shovel Knight, Hotline Miami, Earthbound). Bring it back you beautiful people!

1 Like

@Jess and I are going to record something tonight. Should be up on Thursday. There’s an iTunes link available on the podcast.grouvee.com page now.

Sweet. Can’t wait for it.