The Space Anomaly, a No Man's Sky Fan Club

Hey! I just made this topic in order to have place in this forum to discuss everything relationed with No Man’s Sky :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:
You can share opinions about the game and it’s updates, post screenshots and videos of your discoverings in the game, questions if you are a novice in the game, discuss the lore, find people to play with, share experiences with the game and much more!!!
:milky_way:Hope you can enjoy your stay at The Space Anomaly :milky_way:

4 Likes

Haven’t played since the freighter update but with over 800 hours in the game it’s certainly one of my favourites. I really like the idea of the new discoveries tab that added in the most recent update, but I’ll probably wait for another big flora/fauna update before I jump back in.

1 Like

Never played it but I’m probably buying it during this Steam sale :smiley:

2 Likes

I can say without a doubt that it’ll worth every cent. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

So today I discovered a really cool planet in a red sun system. It was totally dark with some red lights and I inmediatly remembered that episode of Tokyo Ghoul where Kaneki is in a black background sorrounded by red flowers. :smiley_cat: :milky_way:

4 Likes

I still haven’t started it but I’m so sure I will like it that I own it both on the Switch and on PS4-VR.

1 Like

Be interested to hear how the Switch version plays. Can’t imagine it not setting the console on fire. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lower resolution, much shorter draw distance, lower particle density, fewer simultaneous spawned objects. Ultimately a softer l, less detailed image with less activity, but it will probably work fine. If they can get the last two Doom games and The Witcher to run, they can get NMS to run.

I read Doom and Witcher run pretty bad though (not played them on the Switch myself). Hope NMS runs ok.

Doom Eternal runs amazing on the Switch. Only platform I’ve played it though so I have no way of knowing if it’s even better on the rest, but I could not notice a single frame drop or non-smooth moment. And I bought NMS because everyone said it is an incredible feature of a port.

But in any case, I always keep a fire extinguisher at hand.

2 Likes

I believe they both run really well, just at a lower resolution. In fact Digital Foundry used The Witcher as an example to illustrate that porting a game to Switch can actually be a superior option to the cloud streaming option opted by some studios.

1 Like

Maybe it was early in the piece then, but I certainly remember people saying stuff didn’t run well. If they do though, that’s brilliant!

It amazes me how far No Man’s Sky has come over the last few years.

New Omega update sounds pretty cool. Might have to restart my game…again.

I thought of posting the exact same comment yesterday.

1 Like