Soliciting headset recommendations/advice

Does anyone have a favourite headset they like to use when playing console games? I currently own a Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless but I am looking to upgrade to something a little better. I bought the Arctis 1 Wireless because it was the only Arctis with a USB-C dongle that would work with the Switch in handheld mode. Steelseries now has additional models that have the same, or similar dongle, with better drivers, construction and overall features. So I am considering one of the following:

Arctis 7p - full support for 3D audio on PS5, works with PS5/4, Switch, PC/Mac, Android.

Arctis 7x - supports Xbox Series X|S, One, PS5/4, Switch, PC/Mac, Android.

The 7p has the advantage of 3D audio. The Arctis 7x supports more devices but lacks the 3D audio.

I’d like the most versatility, but I also don’t want to give up a useful feature. Does anyone have experience with 3D audio on Sony consoles, and is it worth giving up Xbox compatibility in favour of 3D audio?

I’m also open to any suggestions for other brands that people might recommend, if anyone has thoughts about alternatives to the Steelseries lineup.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Hyperkin Cloud X headset since 2015 and it’s still going strong. I actually just ordered a new mic and replacement ear muff covers this past week. I love it and it works with my PS4 and PC, although I haven’t tested it with my Switch. It is durable, well-made, and the service provided by the company is outstanding as well, and that is saying a lot from me (I am very critical of corporations). They don’t make this type anymore but on their site they have a wider range available than they used to have.

Hyperkin

1 Like