Shovel Knight

I had finished Shovel Knight several days ago, one of the best platformers I had ever played, buuuut one thing kept it from getting 5 stars in my book (I would have gladly give it 4.5 if it was possible) and that is grinding… I strongly dislike it when it is done in this manner, go back, do the same quest, do it again and again… If you want to buy certain stuff. Either develop a way do grind without being repetitive or do not have a buying mechanism in this way. Still, the game rocked.

2 Likes

I did.
And it was extremly plesant.

2 Likes

Badge me! Already finished Shovel Knight and the Plague Knight on the Wii U (the latter with my NES Mini’s controller IIRC), and finished Spectre Knight on my Switch. Still waiting for the King Knight DLC to arrive to finish finally all four the parts of the game.

I myself wasn’t even born when the NES was born, but God, this is such a fantastic game. It’s challenging to the point of sometimes frustrating, but it pulls me right back into the game. At first I didn’t play Shovel Knight when I got it on the Wii U, but later during Spring Break IIRC a few years ago I managed to pull through the game. It was fun, exciting, a ‘new’ retro game. Then I managed to play Plague Knight and later on Spectre Knight without any ‘pulling through’ neccessary. Definitely worth the 15€/15$ or 25€/25$ you spend on this game.

It’s one of these games which I love from the indie scene. It captures the NES/8-bit era feeling so well without being as punishing as one. I’ve played SMB quite a few times before I managed to beat it on my NES Mini, and that was a less pleasant experience than SK, mainly because of how ‘more fair’ SK is with the ‘Dark Souls’ respawn mechanic where you can pick up your lost gold from were you died.

Brilliant game, loving the soundtrack as well, which is just available for free on Bandcamp.

2 Likes

I beat all 3 campaigns so far, can’t wait for King knight DLC

2 Likes

Beat it on PC. Bought it on PS4 and Switch as well.

2 Likes

Completed this gem. :gem:

2 Likes

Completed it on Vita 2015. I suck at platformers and I died over 100 times due to falling of. The bosses where tough, but I usually beat them within 3 tries iirc.
I liked the color palette and pixel art, they captured the NES style perfectly imo.

2 Likes

Beat this on PC when it came out. One of the best platformers I’ve ever played.

2 Likes

I finished the game on my 3ds, I can’t wait for King of cards!
But I’m still kind of miffed that the 3ds version doesn’t get the battle mode.

2 Likes

This was a fantastic game and even though I finished the vanilla release I’m looking forward to playing the dlc.

2 Likes

I have completed this game and would love my badge!

3 Likes

It’s almost been a year, but what this guy said!
I beat the original back when, but there has been so much new content it’s almost like a full new game, so I’m feeling like I should revisit the game soon.
Still would like that badge though, hehe.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new to Grouvee! I own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove for the Switch and have played and completed all the campaigns in the collection. This is truly one of the best indie games of all time, such a phenomenal game deserving of all the praise it’s received. I’d love a badge please!

2 Likes

Played since the game came out. I am only missing the new DLC

2 Likes

I’d like to be awarded the badge.

2 Likes

Finished with the major part of the Treasure Trove. Working on the review soon…! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve beaten the main game, the Shovel Knight part

It seems you can play as more Knights after that, but I was tired of it at that point

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve beaten this one and while I remember enjoying it, there’s not much that stands out in my memory of it. However, I think it’s a case where I should replay it and I might appreciate some things that I missed the first time. There’s definitely more for me to see in the DLC too.

I would appreciate the badge, please.

3 Likes

It goes without saying (since I posted a review in Grouvee) that I have cleared Shovel Knight along with other knight’s story modes in the Treasure Trove release. Totally fun game for both new generations and the nostalgists.

Edit: Posted 2nd time again here, I realized. But that’s okay, my opinion is more clear now.

2 Likes

beaten on pc and 3DS, loved it

2 Likes