Request for "Completed" Icon

I know we have the “played” icon, but I think something visually indicating we have completed a game to go along with the playing/played/wish list/ backlog. I know we can use a custom label for this, but I think having a visual indicator - which is much easer to check - would be even better.

Would be interested to hear others’ opinions on this.

4 Likes

It would be interesting to have it, maybe a crown icon or something of the like.

4 Likes

So a distinct played and completed shelf? I don’t really distinguish the two, if I put it on played I consider it completed. I get the idea, but I’d worry that getting too granular takes away from the simplicity of the system. However, I suppose there are arguments on the opposite end.

2 Likes

I personally would just ignore such a feature, but I think it’d be fine as an option. I know a lot of people these days do distinguish between playing a game (getting to credits, or simply being “done” with it) and completing it (as in 100% completion, all achievements or trophies, checking everything off an in-game list, etc).

4 Likes

it could be interesting, but I would prefer if it was mostly an icon change or automatic tag (rather than a new shelf) that also could be visible to other users.

Playthroughs we enter on grouvee already ask us what level of game completeness we did (Main Story, 100% Completion), so by pulling that information users have entered, and just making it more visible/ having a visual indicator, users wouldn’t have to actually change anything about how they use the site.

5 Likes

Right now I use a custom shelf to track the games I’ve “completed.” If there was an icon to track it, I’d probably use that instead, but using a shelf works well enough for me.

3 Likes

Ok, I like this idea. Tying it to the existing completion data in the database is a great idea. Now I’m on board.

6 Likes

I’m also a fan of it being an added option. I’ve been using my “Played” shelf as a “Completed” shelf, essentially, and then use a custom shelf for games I’m done with but don’t intend to finish. Having this option would let me get rid of that extra shelf.

3 Likes

I think “played” and “completed” are quite seperate. I could have played a game, not enjoyed it and thus not finished it for example.

3 Likes

I’d call that 100%ing as opposed to completing.

2 Likes

I see that as completed if I’m done with it. If I think it’s something I’d return to, I move it back to backlog and don’t consider it played. I appreciate it’s a matter of semantics, but for me played and completed remain synonymous for my purposes. Played by my standard means I put a sufficient amount of time into it to consider myself done with it. That means I consider a game that I played, and didn’t enjoy enough to finish as completed.

2 Likes

I think that would be preety cool. It could be something similar to what my other favorite website retroachivments does with completion icons!