Recommendations - JRPG's

Played: May 28th, 2018
Genre: Action role-playing, JRPG
Description: You play as the anti-hero Velvet, who through a series of circumstances, joins up with an eclectic group all with the sole purpose of defeating the daemon menace that has left its own mark on your life, as well as the lives of others.
Review: Tales of Berseria - IGN Review
Platform: PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4

6 Likes

It’s funny, I saw this topic and immediately thought, “I’ll have to add Tales of Berseria to the list.” One of my top favorite games of the past console generation. Really hoping Tales of Arise will live up to its name and hit a similar high!

4 Likes

Played: 2019, 2020
Genre: Role-Playing
Description: The second Mario-themed RPG features a pop-up storybook aesthetic with flat paper characters. When the Seven Star Spirits are kidnapped by the forces of Bowser, it’s up to Mario and his traveling companions to save the Mushroom Kingdom!
Review:
An old favourite–one of the few RPGs that even I would like! You can always see the monsters coming, and are always taking part in the action because of the action commands.
Loved the story, with its epic settings and memorable characters. I like how Paper Mario teams up with a rag-tag team of lovable misfits to take on Paper Bowser, much like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz
Platform: Nintendo 64

4 Likes

Played: finished January 2021
Genre: Turn-based RPG, dungeon crawler
Description: One of the earliest console JRPGs. Setting is a blend of fantasy and sci-fi, taking place on three planets in a star system. Help Alis avenge her brother’s death and defeat the evil King Lassic, with the help of her friends Myau (a talking cat), Odin (a warrior), and Noah (a mage).
Review: This update covers my thoughts on the game.
Platform: Sega Master System – The game as been re-released many times since then. I recommend the latest “Sega Ages” release for it on the Nintendo Switch for the quality of life options it offers.

4 Likes

Played: 1996–2021
Genre: RPG
Description: Catch and battle monsters all over the land, on your quest to become the champion
Review: Simple and fun RPG; easy to get into this series. I like the old Red/Blue sprites; they’re a little wacky sometimes. A somewhat easygoing adventure, in a way
Platform: Game Boy, 3DS Virtual Console

2 Likes

Played: 3-17-16

Genre: Tactical, Turn-Based, JRPG, Comedy/Satire

Platform: PC, Mac OSX

Description: A tale of zaubers, b-balls, and atonement; brave dangers unheard of, face spectacular challenges that even the greatest ballers could not overcome, and maybe… just maybe… redeem basketball once and for all in: Tales of Game’s Studios Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Review: GigaDeathNullGolem's Review of Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden | Grouvee

Website: https://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

1 Like