Projects

It’s going to be an entertainment room with space for a desk. There also will be a big open space for my kids to wrestle and have a swing hanging from the ceiling. Basically just a space for them to injure themselves. I’m also building a space under the stairs with a secret bookshelf door entrance. Earlier this year we spent way too much money on getting the basement “waterproofed” so I figure I might as well go all the way and finish it up. Before it was just kind of a musty room with a TV and a couch.

4 Likes

Come and do our basement next. Please

3 Likes

Sweet. Itll be cool to see it all finished in 5 years XD.

3 Likes

I think you’re giving me too much credit. 5 years sounds way too fast! Hahaha. I think after I get the framing up, I’m going to hire out the drywall. Otherwise it really would take me 10 years. I’ve actually got a lot of the tricky framing done around the stairs that I had to build in place. Hopefully the rest of it that I can just build on the ground goes way faster.

2 Likes

Drywall isnt too bad, have you ever done any?

2 Likes

I’ve never done full sheets on stud drywall. I’ve done some pretty large drywall patches, and that’s about it. I hate dealing with the mud and tape and just feel like I’m always doing it wrong. I have been watching a bunch of videos by the Vancouver carpenter to try and learn. He’s a pretty good teacher, but it’s reinforcing I should probably hire out.

2 Likes

I will put you on my calendar for 2035 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I’ve changed my mind and might try drywalling myself. I’ve watched enough videos from the Vancouver Carpenter (who I assume is just secretly @PyramidHeadcrab), and now he’s convinced me that drywalling is easy. At the very least I should be able to hang it all myself.

3 Likes

Id say pick a section, maybe a small one, do your framing and all that, and try it. See how it goes. Then you can decide if you wanna do the rest or if its too much hassle.

3 Likes

Wow did you redo these yourself?!

1 Like

I’m working on clean up and dry wall for this office today. Dreading it.

2 Likes

That…does not look like fun. :grimacing:

1 Like

The History of SEGA is DONE!

All edits, checks, image sourcing, bibliography and images permissions, in tros, outros and roboticised animals have finally been completed. It’ll be sent off to the publisher on Monday (two days time here in the UK).

Honestly, I’m a little worried about the word count, as after all the extra stuff is included (bibliography, intro, notes, etc) it reaches a little over 68K. It was supposed to be 60K. :sweat_smile: Hopefully this just means a cut on the number of images rather than text content but we’ll see.

Anyway. Phew. It’s been a journey.

9 Likes

Signed copy when? Lol

3 Likes

Ah but teardown is the fun part. Oh wait, you already did that?

1 Like

Congrats on the milestone!

3 Likes

Is that an attic office? Do you have to redo all the drywall that’s already there? That doesn’t sound fun at all. Doing demo, and then figuring out what to do with the trash is the worst.

2 Likes

Fire solves many problems in life… :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah attic office, some dry wall repair. I got rid of all the dry wall and swept and hoovered for my life up their so it looks pretty good atm.

Did not get to the dry wall though

3 Likes

New illustration. I call it “Skull Tea.”

6 Likes