Movies and TV, Anyone?

Thank you. I will check Minions 1 out then.

2 Likes

whatre ygs’ thoughts on The X-Files? i have plans to watch it but i keep procrastinating haha, but ive heard really good things about it. no spoilers, please!

(also do u think dana and fox are lesbians) (i will make them lesbians if they arent.)

1 Like

Watched The Tomorrow War. If you don’t fall through the plot holes and take it for what it is - a fun alien shooter with a bit of family drama sprinkled in, then it works well enough.

I liked that it didn’t take itself too seriously, the alien design was great and the hint on climate change was nicely done. All the action movie tropes where there and Chris Pratt was Chris Pratt.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Watched Dante’s Inferno: An Animated Epic which based on the game which is based on the epic poem.

It’s one of those adaptations that minimises the epicness of the original as it shoves it into a little under two hours. Still, the animation is quite good, with a different director and style for each level of Hell. Obviously personal taste will dictate how much you like each one. Unfortunately, they didn’t keep any design elements of the characters consistent between styles so they can look completely different between each one.

It feels a bit like an exploitation film at times due to the excessive violence and pretty much every female character being naked for the whole thing.

Overall, I’d recommend it if you enjoyed the game and/or horror animation.

2 Likes

I watched Infinite. It was entertaining enough to watch it to the end credits. It is a martial arts fest, lots of explosions and shooting and nice CGI. There is a car in the movie whose doors open sideways and the car roof lifts and I loved that detail. I wanted to know if such a car exists and it somewhat does and the doors are called “suicide doors” which made me laugh:

The car in the movie is even more fancy, but very similar.

I am not sure if the book’s plot is as badly done as in the film, because the premise is interesting, but the movie managed to hint at the real interesting parts: the main villain actually wanting to challenge God, wanting God to talk to him / pressure him to show up to hinder the world/his creation to die way more than to destroy the world and end his reincarnation AND then burry that so deep under everything else that basically no one writing a critic understood why it would not be a solution to him to just shoot himself and hinder reincarnation, because he would die/stay in stasis forever without an answer from God. In reality he was the only one with (religious) faith, relying on a God while everyone else was using their abilities as if they were a God and accused the villain of having lost faith.

I do not recommend the movie because of its flaws, but if you like to watch an over the top action movie who’s action borders on becoming funny, are able to overlook the plot holes and want to dig a bit deeper into the main villains actual motive, then it’s also not as bad as IMDb makes it look.

Also they found multiple reasons to make good looking men take their shirts off, that’s also worth something. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Watched Good Burger 2 this time! I don’t know about these sequels to 20 year-old movies. It was pretty cool

– Ed and Dexter were in it, and they played a part in the events that transpired

– Poor Dexter! That fireproof stuff–I saw that one coming. He dodged the fireworks by using his DEXTERity

– Ed has kids; he must’ve had SEX! I imagine this would’ve led to some hilarious hijinks as his wife tried to explain it! Sometimes I almost got Ed confused with his son

– Oh, and he’s friends with Roxanne now! Enemies to Friends Arc. But I don’t think we see Linda Cardelini, or the Blue Meanie, or Cowboy Curtis or Jambi the Genie

– Poor Fizz!

– A relative of the previous movie’s Final Boss, just like Ace Attorney. So both Dexter and Kurt have a sister we never heard of before…are their stories supposed to be parallel?

–Why would the Ed Bots have eye lasers?! Do you surmise it’s wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?!

– Kat bukkake at the end, if that’s your thing. I think that’s the word[?]

– I guess the moral is, don’t replace people with robots. Or read contracts before you sign them. It can have 2 morals

– Actually, when I was little I wondered if a restaurant without human contact would be feasible [for people with social anxiety]. It would be like ordering online, except they’d probably just be in the next room

– Oh, the end credits sort of gave away one of the end credit gags

2 Likes

This is a good new bit.

3 Likes

Yeah, I said that to my friend a while back when she became pregnant [it amused her]

2 Likes

Just finished season 3 of the Bear and found it to be preety boring.

watched Psycho 2 last night and, despite it being a sequel to a classic, it is a damn good one.

3 Likes

just saw Longlegs in theaters. i am not the same person i once was.

3 Likes

‘kat bukkake’
isn’t that a nickolodeon film? how is that even allowed

2 Likes

Amanda Donohoe, the cop’s reveal and that upbeat folksy song are memorable enough to overcome any plot holes, in my opinion.

“John D’Ampton went a fishing, a fishing in the weir,
He caught a fish upon his hook he thought looked mighty queer!!”

1 Like

It’s a Youtube video not a tv show/movie but I just finished The Entire History of RPGs. It’s really interesting.

4 Likes

Watched Cobweb over the weekend. Pretty good horror film, although I saw the twist coming. I gotta say though Lizzy Caplan was absolutely amazing in it.

2 Likes

I watched American Nightmare and I’d recommend it. It’s a documentary about a bizarre kidnapping, the media and police’s mishandling of the story, and the importance of believing women. At times, I did think that the actor recreations were sensational, and I wondered if they could be retraumatizing. By the end, however, I was completely onboard with the miniseries and was glad that the women were given an opportunity to tell their stories free of the spin of careless news outlets and corrupt police departments. Check it out. TW: Discussion of sexual violence including rape.

2 Likes

rewatched silence of the lambs after maybe seeing it 20 years ago. WOW. pretty good one, better than I remember! Inspired the whole genre of true crime thrillers.

Watched Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer as i like the director’s other vibrant imagined world and… just wow was it different. Imagine if the concepts and philosophies of Inception related to being within a dream within a dream or in someone else’s dream were turned into fantasy anime (with politically incorrect German symbols etc) thats what you get in this weird wacky ride. It was fun and I enjoyed.

Rewatched Phenomena, my favorite Dario Argento film and it was every bit as good as I remember it being. Signature and distinguished Giallo!

3 Likes

DARIO ARGENTO MENTIONED!!!

ive only watched 2 of his movies but i gotta like, finish his filmography. it’s been a few years since ive watched any of his work but i watched Suspiria and Phenomena and loved them both. he is a master at visuals and tension. out of the two, though, Suspiria is my favorite :o)

3 Likes

Fun Fact: The Super Famicom survival horror game Clock Tower was (very) loosely based on this film. The most obvious thing the game borrowed was the lead character Jennifer, who looks just like Jennifer Connelly did for that movie.

I’m looking forward to the updated re-release of Clock Tower coming this October! (I’ve got it preordered… Very rare for me.)

4 Likes