Movies and TV, Anyone?

So people actually make lists of movies based on where they take place? Man, I’m gonna have to check out some films set in Chinamans Knob, NSW, Australia.

1 Like

Watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off the other day; Ferris Bueller was in it.

SPOILERS!!!

7 Likes

No kidding. It’s his day off, so you’d think Ferris Bueller wouldn’t be in the movie.

6 Likes

I had also been watching Sailor Moon out of curiosity; that’s another thing free on YouTube nowadays and of course I don’t have much of a life. The last one I watched was the final battle against Queen Beryl and

Sheesh; that got pretty ugly all of the sudden ! So it’s this sorta funny, light-hearted show the whole time–and then suddenly they all die in the final battle?! They can’t do that !

I wasn’t quite sure I got the ending at first either. So they’re born again and their memories are erased? That’s sad; I’d’ve hoped they would all defeat Queen Beryl together and then grow up as friends, living happy and successful lives

I’d like to read the book, perhaps…maybe play one of the games too, if I get the chance

1 Like

I had also been watching Sailor Moon

Was Sailor Moon in it?

3 Likes

me, 700 episodes into Sailor Moon: “She doesn’t do much sailing, does she?”

8 Likes

Theres your problem. You want to watch Sailing Moon

2 Likes

Naoko Takeuchi says she actually did want to end it after the first story arc with all of the characters dying. The four sacrificing themselves for Usagi, who dies killing Metallia. Pretty fucking metal.

Oh, didn’t you hear?

1 Like

Sailor Moon was in it, and you might say she was involved in many of the events that transpired

I liked how Sailor Jupiter was kind of like a River City Girl when she appeared, having hand-to-hand combat skills. Though other than that, it kinda seemed like the Girls only had one special attack each, and I don’t think Mercury’s even really did damage [?]

Oh, and I thought Venus was going to have earth powers [going along with the elements theme, which I thing is a little over-used sometimes] but she did not

3 Likes

Jupiter is kind of earthy. I guess. You’ll see.
But yeah they only get ~1 attack a season. Depending on which version you’re watching/reading. And Mercury is the smart one! Her bubbles are strategic! :grin:

3 Likes

Bloody big boat if it can fit a whole moon on board. :thinking:

4 Likes

Hello guys I was wondering if you had any good car tv show recommendations. My favorite anime is initial d and am looking for a new show that is has a similar theme.

1 Like

I used to watch Top Gear and then whatever the sequel show to that was on Amazon. Jeremy Clarkson seems to be a not great guy, but I think those shows are pretty undeniably fun.

1 Like

I’m watching the Neon Genesis Evangelion Again movies and, boy, are they good. Anno is such a capable director and writer for sci-fi. What I mean by that is I am loving these movies, but I don’t really understand them. However, I know that if I spend time with it, it will make sense. And since I like this movie, I will spend time with it.

Here’s a spoilery example. I just finished movie 2*, I have no idea how Shinji did what he did with the Eva becoming an extinction entity that sets off the third impact. I love the show, but the nature of the third impact has always been a bit nebulous to me. So watching it happen again for some reason is once again fairly nebulous to me. But I feel confident that if I sat down with the text, the reason is there.

Yes, there is a joy in soaking in the art, the animation, the music, the writing, and the direction even without understanding it. But there is also a joy in knowing that there is an underlying reason behind the thematically magnificent moments.

I’m just saying that Anno is not only a director I enjoy, but also one I trust (with making a good movie).

*You Can (Not) Be Sequel

2 Likes

Memes aside, Top Gear is the quintessential example of the male experience. ‘Yeah, I don’t want to watch that, cars aren’t my thing… HOLY SHIT, this is fuckin’ awesome!’
That’s exactly how it feels seeing it for the first time.

1 Like

Schizovangelion
I will (not) eat ze bugs

1 Like

I can’t tell if the edit is part of the joke or not but it did make me laugh.

1 Like

Just started 3.0+1.0 - I just assumed Kensuke and Tohji were dead. I burst into tears seeing them so content.

Are those the newest ones? The original series and movie made me so viscerally mad I don’t know if I can take any more. Is it all just more pseudo science religious bs with a terrible ending that doesn’t make sense or is it actually redeemable?

1 Like

Yea, it’s still pseudo science religious bs.

I would describe it more as therapeutic. But if you don’t like the original show and movie, I don’t think you’d like these either.