ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo Event

As with Next Fest last week, I am wondering if anyone will be checking out demos from the ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo Event. The full list of demos is below and I’ll be posting about any demos I try out.

• Another Crusade (Dragon Vein Studios)
  • Ato (Tiny Warrior Games)
  • Batora: Lost Haven (Stormind Games)
  • BattleCakes (Volcano Bean)
  • Boxville (Triomatica Games)
  • BROK the InvestiGator (COWCAT)
  • Broken Pieces (Elsewhere Experience)
  • Despot’s Game (Konfa Games)
  • Doodle God Evolution (JoyBits Games)
  • Endling – Extinction is Forever (Herobeat Studios)
  • Exhausted Man (Candleman Games)
  • Grid Force – Mask of the Goddess (Playtra Games)
  • Grotto (Brainwash Gang)
  • Lost Ruins (Altari Games)
  • Metal: Hellsinger (Sunhammer AB/The Outsiders)
  • MUSYNX (MUSYNX Studio)
  • Nummels (Plattnip), available now
  • Overpass: Rhythm Roadtrip (Studio Bean)
  • Overrogue (EXE-CREATE)
  • PolyFury (Wayfarer Games)
  • RE:CALL (maitan69)
  • Richman10 (Softstar Technology)
  • Sail Forth (David Evans Games)
  • Severed Steel (Greylock Studio)
  • Shadowrun Returns (Codeglue)
  • Spiderheck (Neverjam)
  • Strings Theory (BeautifulBee)
  • Strong Moon (Chihuas Games)
  • Stuffed (Waving Bear Studio)
  • Terror of Hemasaurus (Loren Lemcke)
  • Tinykin (Splashteam)
  • Wave Break (Funktronic Labs)
  • Wreck Out (Four5Six)
  • Ynglet (Nifflas’ Games)
1 Like

Terror of Hemasaurus

This is a game with zero subtlety. Everything from the jokes to the concept to the execution is blunt as can be. Yet Terror of Hemasurus is pretty damn fun. A contemporary take on Rampage set against the backdrop of global warming, climate change and the stubbornness of the human race, you are a giant Lizard sent on mission by cultists to kill humans in order to save humans. Eat humans, throw humans, kick them in the air. Smash buildings. Execute atomic ass drops. Kick cars into building to smash buildings. Throw humans into helicopter blades. You name it, this game’s got it. I won’t lie, it’s kind of in your face and a little stupid but also a good time.

Stuffed

It’s hard to tell if the low-fi graphics were designed to match the premise and setting of the game or if the premise and setting were conceived of as a cover for the general terrible design of the game. An entire game that’s a horde mode where you kill nightmares to protect a little sleeping girl, Stuffed is a convention shooter wrapped up in a pretty unoriginal idea. Worse than that, after completing the tutorial the game failed to generate a new level. After the counter reached zero, as seen in the photo below, I waited a full minute before I quit. Don’t think I’ll be coming back to this one.