How to request games to be added to database?

Could you add the Serious Sam Collection, thanks.

II am going to defer to the expertise of @headrollsoff on this one because I think that all of the games in this collection are already represented on Grouvee. Unless there is something that is drastically different between the versions in this collection and those already listed I donā€™t think it will receive a separate entry.

1 Like

What @bmo said is correct. Since they didnā€™t do anything different with the games, we donā€™t add the collections.

HD editions and collections are tricky, and we donā€™t exactly have a great ruleset written down. Since we grab most of the data from Giant Bomb, we mostly go by their rules.

1 Like

Listen @peter, he said he was going to defer to me! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, is Radio Helicopter on PS2 in the database? Canā€™t find it

Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™ll back to my silent corner over hereā€¦

:smile:

1 Like

It was not there. I have added it now:

How do you guys feel about adding relatively small indie games. I play a lot of smaller games on itch.io Iā€™d love to have added. For instance I recently purchased and played Lieve Oma on there and would like to add it here. Lieve Oma by Florian Veltman

I see I can add games on the Giant Bomb wiki myself. Is that the database you scrape? If so is it maybe easier to just add it there myself than ask you guys to do it manually? I sometimes play 4-5 of those bite sized games a day and wouldnā€™t want to ask you to manually create pages for 30 games at a time.

I know I would love to see games like that added. As far as I know there is no reason why they should not be added to Grouvee. @peter or @headrollsoff probably know best the pros and cons of adding it via Giant Bomb versus adding it to Grouvee.

Iā€™ve added a couple of games like that before for people. I donā€™t see a reason why they donā€™t belong in the database.

As for adding in Giant Bomb vs Grouvee:

Giant Bomb may not approve games like that in their database. I am not sure. If they do, it will automatically get to Grouvee and we wonā€™t run the risk of having duplicates from there. Plus then one of us does not have to look up all the info and add it. Usually games like that have publishers / developers that are not in the database too, so having that all feed over is nice.

If we add it directly, we could potentially get duplicates from Giant Bomb down the line. That is highly unlikely. The biggest con is that those games are hard to find accurate info and art for when adding it to the database. I also know that one of the ones I did in the past was not even used by the person who requested it afterwards. So all that research was for nothing.

2 Likes

Personally Iā€™m all for the little indie game getting added I know weā€™ve added flash games before, so I donā€™t see why games on itch.io wouldnā€™t be accepted. :slight_smile:

Whether or not Giant Bomb would accept them, I think would depend on what mod happened to be reviewing your submission, Iā€™m sure there are some who would pass it and others who would probably deny it. Iā€™ve submitted things through there before only to have one mod accept them and have another come along later and delete them. Honestly, their whole system is pretty much a mess.

I know weā€™d like to add more people as curators in the future, so perhaps someday youā€™ll b able to just add all the itch.io titles you want directly to Grouvee yourself. :smile:

1 Like

Ok, well I think what I am going to go with and try to get it added at the Giant Bomb side. If it gets denied there then Iā€™ll ask here if you guys have the time to add a game or two every once in a while. I figure that should prevent potential duplicates.

1 Like

Hopefully it works. If not, at least speaking for myself, itā€™s no sweat adding it to Grouvee.

I canā€™t seem to find Star Tropics for the NES.

Edit: I found it. There were no spaces in the title.

1 Like

Unless DLC is a standalone thing that doesnā€™t require the main game to play, it doesnā€™t get a separate entry. Iā€™d love it if Giant Bomb would allow access to DLC from their API, but it hasnā€™t happened yet.

Paradies Lost and all of the Fallout DLCs fall into this category it looks like.

Maybe someday weā€™ll just breakdown and start adding DLC on our own, but for now we have to wait for Giant Bomb to let us at their data a little more!

There is a Mistake in Database

Teddy Floppy Ear is not a single game - itā€™s a franchise of games:
Teddy Floppy Ear - Mountain Adventure

Teddy Floppy Ear - Kayaking

Teddy Floppy Ear - The Race

Floppy bear is a stop motion-animation from my childhood :smiley:
Could you add them?

1 Like

This is interesting. I was going to add them, but I realize that I am not sure if I should alter the existing entry given that the source database entry is from Giant Bomb. I am going to wait until @peter or @headrollsoff looks at this one. If they ok it Iā€™ll post the new entries.

It looks like the one we have in our database is meant to be ā€œThe Race.ā€ Theyā€™re OK to put in the system. If you donā€™t get them in before I get off work, Iā€™ll get them entered when I get home later tonight.

Here they are:

Note that the first entry, Teddy Floppy Ear ā€“ The Race is only titled Teddy Floppy Ear. This is due to a limitation preventing me from changing the name of an entry originally pulled from Giant Bomb. I will ask @peter to make that change for me. Otherwise they are all done.

P.S. @peter, can you add the franchise Teddy Floppy Ear?

Also fixed a typo I made in Teddy Floppy Ear ā€“ The Race :slight_smile: