How to request games to be added to database?

Added:

1 Like

Sweet, thanks! Much appreciated.

1 Like

The platform has been added. Most of the PS2 games on PS4 were already there, but I went through the entire known list and added the ones that were missing.

Could you please add Fingerbones and A Wolf in Autumn? Also, another game, The Music Machine, by the same developer (David Szymanski) is missing the developer info.

I have updated the info on The Music Machine and added the other two:

https://www.grouvee.com/games/49639-fingerbones/

https://www.grouvee.com/games/49640-a-wolf-in-autumn/

@8bithero The Path to Luma looks very interesting. Thanks for posting it, I just grabbed it from the App store as a result.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s free and a lot of fun. I have some complaints with it. The controls are a little rough, seems pretty easy, lots of retracing steps picking up batteries and what not but I really like it. I know, doesn’t sound like I do. I like the polygon art style and walking around a planet is pretty sweet. The renewable energy theme is pretty forced but it’s cool anyway. Cleaning up a polluted planet is a neat idea.

I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I agree with you on some of the rougher elements of the game but the aesthetic of the it allows me to forgive those few annoyances. I especially love anything where the visuals depict a character on a small planetoid. It reminds me of The Adventures of the Little Prince animation and the planetoid levels in each sector of Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time.

I am sure this will happen eventually but I’ll ask anyway. Can you please add Insomiac’s newly announced game Song of the Deep.

I see this is added over on Giant Bomb already. So I am not going to add it here otherwise we will get a duplicate. It should show up on the site the next time a Giant Bomb import is done. I believe that happens overnight.

1 Like

@8bithero it is noteworthy that Path to Luma is essentially an add for NRG Energy. I find these adversaries to be a very interesting genre of game in general. It’s a fairly polished game that exists in the name of generating attention and promoting NRG. It’s somewhat impressive and intreaguing that they invest that much polish in the aesthetic and mechanics of an advertisement.

It’s there now. I literally just changed the update script to run every three hours now instead of once a day. I made it more efficient where it only takes about 5 minutes or so to update everything, so I can run it more often.

2 Likes

can you guys add the warriors orochi 3 “ultimate” edition on its respected platforms? thanks!

We don’t do separate entries of games for ultimate editions and subsequent releases of a game that are not complete remakes. The platforms for the ultimate edition are on the Warriors Orochi 3 page. There are some instances where you will find different versions entered in the database. That is due to Giant Bomb being inconsistent about what they allow in their database. It is a question that comes up frequently.

1 Like

i gathered that that was happening due to the giant bomb’s database. i was actually just under the impression that the “ultimate” edition had enough different characters that would make the story a whole different game. after further inspection i found that that the “ultimate” edition only had a few more chapters of backstory compared to the “hyper” or original release. sorry about that man! :no_mouth:

No worries. It doesn’t hurt to ask. There is not really a hard set of rules used to determine what constitutes a different entry in the database. And hopefully @peter and I can work at getting some stuff in place this year to clean up some of the weirdness in the database.

2 Likes

Specifying what version you have of a game is coming. I think a lot of people want to be able to distinguish on their shelves which release of a game they have.

3 Likes

By that do you mean distinguishing something like Tomb Raider (2013) from Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (2014)?

Yes. So there is release data that exists that we can use to specify that. We just have to change some of the data structures and display logic.

3 Likes

Found more missing Gameboy Advance Games as I add to my collection.

Let’s Ride! - Sunshine Stables (GBA)
The Cheetah Girls (GBA)
Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness/Pac Man World (Dual GBA Game)
Operation/Mouse Trap/Simon (Triple GBA Game)
Battleship/Risk/Clue (Triple GBA Game)

ALSO, Mario Golf seems to be unavailable under just ‘Gameboy’ as a platform, it has Gameboy Color only.

Thank you!!