Half-Life 2

This is the discussion/completion topic for Half-Life 2. Please keep any spoilers blurred!

hl2

If you’ve completed the game, let us know below and a staff member will make sure you get your badge!

This badge has no title! Please help us out by giving suggestions! The title can’t be something generic like "Hero’ as it could apply to many games. Make sure it relates to the game somehow, but doesn’t spoil it!

1 Like

Beaten it many times over, should complete all the achievements one day.

I don’t have much hope for HL3 coming up in the nearest decade… but one can always dream, right?

2 Likes

completed it with joy, claim batch!

2 Likes

For me, this is one of the candidates at the best game of all time. Amazing experience. I refuse to give up on Half Life 3. There must be a sequel to this, there MUST be a proper ending.

What about “The Free-Man” for a title? And yeah, of course I want the badge :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Probably beaten this across a good two or three platforms now. Getting The Orange Box for the 360 was an absolute delight back in the day. Badge please!

2 Likes

Badge please. :slight_smile:

Title ideas:

• The Freeman
  • Chosen
  • In Stasis
  • Citadel Survivor
2 Likes

Such a great game still. Played it 2 years ago or so for the first time after watching it played so many times. The ending is such a great example of how to satisfyingly ramp up your power in a game.

2 Likes

I’ll take a badge. The lore around Half-Life 2 is where I spend my time nowadays but there is something to be said about how impressive the physics were and how fun they were to play with when it came out.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, the world will end before we get a Half-Life 3
Badge please.

2 Likes

I loved playing and completing this. Really fun times. Half-Life 3 would be insane if it would ever come up as a release instead of still being a living meme. LUL

2 Likes

Wooo! I beat them! Badge Please!:

4 Likes

I completed it when it was first released 16th November 2004. Yes I memorized the date and still remember that day.
It was my most anticipated game ever. And it’s for sure one of my favorite games ever.

2 Likes

Best FPS of all time and I need that badge to show I’ve beaten it please!

2 Likes

Would love the badge for this great game, really good and hold up amazingly even today.

2 Likes

Awesome game! Badge please, Peter…

2 Likes

Hello:

I have completed Half-Life 2. Please provide my profile with the badge.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I love this game, could I have the badge please?

2 Likes

I hundred-percented this one years ago, and its two following 2 parts. So much to explore and get invested in. May I please have the badge?

2 Likes

Half Life 2 is pretty good! I built my first gaming PC to play it. I was totally bought into the hype. Even my graphics card was running a promotion, and came with a free copy of the game.

The game was delayed, though, and didn’t end up coming out for at least a year after I put the computer together. In the mean time, Steam was released; and, to smooth things over with apparently disgruntled ATi customers, I got free Steam copies of the legacy Valve games. And I got to play a bunch of CS:Source. So that was nice.

I eventually played Half Life 2 during my freshman year of college. I stayed up late to play it on release night… and I’ve gotta admit, I was kinda disappointed. I do think that it was a victim of its own hype for me. That and I tastes just weren’t as refined then as they are now. Frankly, I don’t know what I expected. The game sure is good. But I just didn’t have as much fun playing it as I expected to.

All that was fixed later when the orange box came out, and I got to play Portal, though. :slight_smile:

Badge, please.

3 Likes

Like portal, I owe my buddy for lending me his copy of the Orange Box so I could play this and the following episodes. I remember playing late some nights and getting genuinely creeped out in some parts. I should play through it again because I know there must have been a lot I overlooked on the first pass.

I would appreciate the badge, please.

2 Likes