Grouvee Food: Brews

You gotta finish the drink though otherwise you gotta set up therapy sessions for the remaining cream.

2 Likes

Yeah screw that shitty cream dude

3 Likes

I definitely read this as 5 pints of vodka and was going to send some help.

5 Likes

The mason jar in the photo is enormous

3 Likes

I’ve heard that that is the actual Russian recipe

4 Likes

I was trying to make some seasonally appropriate cranberry drinks, but as I learned from experience, cranberries are chock full of pectin which allows them to turn into a jam/jelly with no other stabilizers. Meaning if you try to make a cranberry syrup, it can pretty easily transition into preserves. If you have made a cranberry drink, I’d love to give it a try!

2 Likes

I made what I’m calling a Russian Reindeer

(This is before I mixed it and it turned latte colored)

2 pt Kahlua
1 pt Vodka
2 pt Eggnog

4 Likes

I prefer fruity drinks but a lot of grood brewy ideas on grouvee. Sorry for the bad pun.

1 Like

Fruity is basically a guaranteed good drink, but I feel the need to go heavier in the winter.

1 Like

Pomegranate Cosmo

2 oz vodka
1 oz pomegranate
0.5 oz lime juice
0.5 oz triple sec
0.5 oz cranberry juice
Shaken with ice then strained

I had a nice froth that I lost while straining and pouring into a less than ideal glass. Still a tasty tart drink.

3 Likes

Going to have to try that

1 Like

You don’t look anything like your picture!

Why strain it though?

3 Likes

So I guess two reasons-

1. The recipe said to, and I am an obedient dog
  2. I would like to not have big chunks of ice in my drink

Now I know it takes me roughly 15 to 20 seconds of shaking to get my drinks diluted and mixed properly. So I could game out roughly how much ice I need for that much shaking. I could use some crushed ice too. IDK I’ll test and get back to you!

2 Likes

I love icy drinks. Ice is such a luxury. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m an American, and we believe we are entitled to ice.

2 Likes

I made Pomegranate Margaritas. Yes, I bought pomegranate juice.

3 pt pomegranate juice
3 pt tequila
2 pt triple sec
1 pt lime juice
1 pt agave
Shaken with ice

I really like this. The sweetness of the agave balances out the tartness of the pomegranate. It’s a dessert, but it is a dessert I like.

2 Likes

Now as they say in england this drink is my cup of tea.

1 Like

I’ve been making a Citrus Smash recently to use up my leftover white rum and citrus.

Here’s my rough recipe-

1.5 oz white rum
.5 oz orange liqueur
1/2 lime
1/4 lemon
.25 oz agave
Sprig of thyme
Muddle ingredients
Shake with ice
Double strain into chilled glasses with fresh ice

I wanted the thyme to cut the acidity of all the citrus and it does, but not enough. Maybe I’ll cut out the lemon and add a timid fruit like a strawberry, blueberry, or blackberry. I still think it is worth a try,and it is easy to adjust for your tastes.

1 Like

The Left Hand

2 oz Bourbon
1 oz Sweet Vermouth
1 oz Campari
4 dashes Chocolate Bitters
Shaken with ice. Recipe has you straining into a chilled glass but I didn’t have one so I decided to just toss it in a glass with the ice

I bought some assorted bitters and have been looking for excuses to try them out. They haven’t been as uniform as I expected them to be. For example, I tried orange bitters out, and they really are trying to do the same thing as bitters but with a powerful orange flavor. However, chocolate bitters are like adding tootsie roll extract to your drink.

I mean that in the best way possible!

The Left Hand seems to be a good entry point into chocolate bitters. It is essentially a Bourbon Negroni with chocolate, and hey, it is as good as that sounds.

2 Likes

Not a brew, but wanted to show off my mugs.

5 Likes